Workshops: 21 May 2018
Conference: 22 & 23 May 2018
Training: 24 & 25 May 2018
Submission Open 01 September 2017
Submission Close 28 February 2018
Who can submit?
Security Summit 2018 is in its thirteenth year and we are looking to include two days of training, on the 24 & 25 May 2018. The training needs to relate to the subject matter, infosec, and be relevant to a South African audience in the current atmosphere.
Should your organisation wish to answer this call for training please ensure that you meet with the below minimum requirements:
- And in-depth, practical two-day training course.
- Topic submitted must be relevant to the South African infosec community.
- Learner will receive a certificate from the training provider (including ITWeb branding).
- The training provider offers Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours to learner.
- Documentation/Material available online OR for print, to be presented to each learner.
ITWeb will provide:
- Classroom for 10 – 20 learners.
- Classroom equipped with projector, screen, Internet.
- Documentation/File per learner (where applicable).
- Marketing of training to our database and on the Security Summit portal.
What do you need to include in your Call for Training Submission Proposal?
- PRICING – what are your expectations ito of cost per learner
- OVERVIEW – what is your course about
- OUTCOMES – what can learners expect to take away with them
- WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE – they types of people ito job title
- WHAT CATEGORY/IES DOES YOUR COURSE FALL UNDER? - i.e pen testing, incident response, hacking etc
- STUDENT REQUIREMENTS – does the learner need to have achieved a minimum certification; level in the organisation to qualify
- WHAT STUDENTS SHOULD BRING – do they need a laptop; with what specifications; do they need to pre-load a programme etc (who will provide this?)
- WHAT STUDENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH – do they get a manual; other material etc on completion of the course
- TRAINERS – who are your trainers; plus short bio and hi-res photo
If you are interested in facilitating training at the event, please submit your proposed course/s to Allyson Towle, Conference Director, ITWeb Events, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line: SS2018 Call for Training.
For more information about trainer standards; trainer guidelines, click here.