New integrated solutions help customers optimise the performance of enterprise-class applications.
HP recently announced that the company has updated the HP ProCurve Open Network Ecosystem (HP ProCurve ONE) to deliver integrated solutions that simplify and improve the efficiency of network applications, enabling customers to increase return on their technology investments.
HP ProCurve ONE is a multi-vendor alliance programme offering customers a choice of best-in-class applications and services that leverage or integrate with the HP ProCurve networking infrastructure, including the HP ProCurve ONE Services zl Module.
The ProCurve ONE Services zl Module is a blade for the HP ProCurve Switch 5400zl and 8200zl series designed to reduce operational costs. It also optimises rack space by consolidating HP and partner applications onto a common platform.
HP also introduced a new services provider category to the ProCurve ONE programme. This includes select service providers that can deliver joint security solutions and services to customers worldwide through ProCurve's existing channel partners. The ProCurve ONE expansion also includes new professional and managed services supporting customer network deployments in multi-vendor environments.
In collaboration with HP ProCurve, ProCurve ONE partners enable customers to reduce network management complexity while increasing network and data centre performance. HP ProCurve and partner solutions can also help improve manageability, strengthen security, and simplify the deployment of new voice over IP (VOIP) services.In addition, HP ProCurve announced a number of new ProCurve ONE alliance partners and new integrated solutions from existing partners. HP ProCurve continues to work with existing partners to help customers reduce the complexity of deploying multi-vendor solutions through ProCurve ONE Solution Certification. This expansion of the HP ProCurve joint reseller programme will allow more channel partners to offer complete networking solutions to customers.
New ProCurve ONE alliance partners and announcements include:
* Aastra: Customers benefit from adaptive, fully secure and reliable networking solutions with enterprise class IP telephony/unified communication products (Aastra 5000 and Aastra MX-ONE) that now integrate with the ProCurve ONE zl Module.
* Avaya: Assured interoperability with ProCurve 3500, 5400, 2910, 2610, 2550 and 6600 Series switches that are now certified compliant by the Avaya DevConnect programme; Avaya solutions are now also ProCurve ONE Solution Certified.
* F5: Customers are assured of interoperability with BigIP Local Traffic Manager Application Delivery Networking appliance, now HP ProCurve ONE Solution Certified.
* Fortinet: With the new FortiGate-ONE software solution, customers can integrate Fortinet's multi-threat security platform with the HP ProCurve ONE zl module and HP ProCurve Network Immunity Manager for broad application and network protection.
* Microsoft: HP and Microsoft will enable customers to improve business output and reduce travel, telecom and IT operating costs by delivering on a four-year strategic global initiative to provide integrated unified communications and collaboration solutions.
* .vantronix: Help customers integrate advanced routing functionality such as Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), as well as policy based routing, now available on the HP ProCurve ONE zl module.
Additional ProCurve ONE Alliance members include AirMagnet, AirTight Networks, AirWave, DVTel, Ekahau, InMon, Mitel, Riverbed and VBrick.
HP ProCurve ONE
Using HP ProCurve's open networks platform as its foundation, HP ProCurve ONE allows customers to securely integrate a wide choice of best-in-class network applications and services from both HP and alliance partners that work with HP ProCurve infrastructure. HP ProCurve ONE applications are also rigorously tested and certified to ensure interoperability with the HP ProCurve ONE Services zl Module.
Additional information on HP ProCurve ONE is available at http://www.procurve.com/one
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.co.za.
© 2009 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Our comments policy does not allow anonymous postings. Read the policy here