Fujitsu today announces several enhancements to the ETERNUS DX family of disk-based storage systems to significantly broaden and deepen access to performance-hungry scenarios such as business analytics, databases and online transaction processing (OLTP).
To help to deal better with the peak loads of everyday enterprise and deliver the service level agreements (SLAs) of business-critical applications, Fujitsu is offering a free-of-charge, easy-to-download enhancement for the ‘start small to high end’ ETERNUS DX8700 S2 system, which can increase the performance up to 50% and up to a total of one million input/output operations per second (IOPS).
Fujitsu is committed to enabling customers of all sizes and pockets to benefit from flash-disk technology to support critical applications, including business analytics, OLTP and big data. Now available across the ETERNUS DX product line, further innovations include the support of multi-level-cell solid state drives (SSDs), plus new functionality in the ETERNUS SF 15.3 system management.
Pricing and availability
The new upgrades are available from July 2013, and can be implanted during system operation with no downtime required. The Fujitsu ETERNUS DX family of disk-based storage products is available globally and is sold via direct sales or Fujitsu channel partners. System prices vary depending on configuration.Technical details
* Performance upgrade for ETERNUS DX8700 S2 improves SLAs of business-critical applications
With new and downloadable system enhancement, customers can achieve an overall increase of performance between 25% up to 50% depending on block-size, volume type and RAID level. Tests showed that up to 1 000 000 IOPS can be achieved. A new, optimised routing of the inter-controller data flow tremendously increases access times and response times, enabling customers to serve higher peak loads at no extra costs. The new upgrades will be available as of end of July and can be implanted during operations without any system downtime.
* Availability of solid state disk drives in multi-level-cell technology offers more performance at lower price for nearly all ETERNUS
With the release of 400GB and 800GB SSDs with multi-level-cell technology, customers can benefit from flash-disk technology at a lower price level in order to support performance-critical applications like business analytics, large-scale OLTP applications and big data.
New features in ETERNUS SF storage management software drives efficiency of operations through increased automation
* The Automated Storage Tiering (AST) functionality can now set thresholds automatically based on best practices in balancing capacity and performance. An extensive set of parameters in terms of thresholds and quotas for capacity allocation can be defined to automatically maintain service level agreements. These improvements reduce the need for special skills and relieve the administrator from time-consuming research and planning.
* Application integration makes backup and restore an easy task. Easy-to-use wizards are implemented with ETERNUS SF 15.3, which simplify backup and restore processes of Microsoft Exchange Server. Furthermore, automated backup and restore of dedicated virtual machines help customers to reduce unplanned downtime of their virtual data centre environments.
* More about the ETERNUS DX family:http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/storage/disk/eternus/
* Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
* Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Fujitsu_TS
* Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
* Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/face2fujitsu
* Fujitsu pictures and media server:http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
* For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom:http://ts.fujitsu.com/ps2/nr/index.aspx
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese ICT company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170 000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. Fujitsu uses its experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with its customers. Fujitsu (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenue of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended 31 March 2012. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider, with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large, medium-sized and small businesses. The company offers a full portfolio of IT products, business solutions and services, ranging from workplace systems to data centre solutions, managed services, and cloud-based software and solutions. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13 000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Our comments policy does not allow anonymous postings. Read the policy here