* Cloud-based monitoring and service desk solutions from CA Technologies enable the global ICT leader to better serve enterprises of all sizes, as well as independent software vendors (ISVs).
* With Fujitsu ITMaaS, organisations gain operational insights to deliver more effective, responsive and reliable services to their customers and end-users across cloud and non-cloud IT infrastructures.
* System and admin costs are significantly reduced compared to an on-premises solution.
Fujitsu today helps enterprises of all sizes and ISVs to gain greater insight into their ICT operations – supporting the modernisation of their infrastructures and their innovation of new business services – with the global availability of Fujitsu IT Management as a Service (ITMaaS).
Fujitsu has now completed its international roll-out of its ITMaaS offering, which incorporates innovative monitoring and service desk solutions from CA Technologies into the comprehensive Fujitsu Cloud portfolio. Via a network of data centres around the world, the company delivers Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – including virtual ICT infrastructure, such as servers and storage – and provides enterprise customers and ISVs with reliable, cost-efficient on-demand access to configurable ICT resources.Fujitsu has integrated CA Nimsoft Monitor and CA Nimsoft Service Desk solutions into its portfolio to be delivered from Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, previously known as the Fujitsu Global Cloud Platform. This complements the global ICT leader’s rapidly growing catalogue of software as a service (SaaS) solutions and Fujitsu’s expertise in IT service management. Fujitsu customers will be able to access functionally-rich, easy-to-implement, standardised and preconfigured ITMaaS capabilities that can be universally applied to their private, public and hybrid cloud environments – as well as to their conventional IT infrastructure.
Fujitsu Service Desk as a Service provides a comprehensive SaaS-based IT service-management solution. The solution comes with built-in ITIL (1)-based best practices and action-based workflows for managing, co-ordinating and optimising all aspects of service delivery. Fujitsu Service Desk as a Service eliminates labour-intensive coding by rapid configuration, tailored to meet specific business needs, both faster and at lower cost.
The award-winning (2) Fujitsu Monitoring as a Service offers a single unified interface for tracking all the vital, dynamic resources that businesses rely on – whether in the cloud, on-premises or a combination. Fujitsu Monitoring as a Service provides the comprehensive monitoring insights needed to ensure that business services perform optimally at all times.
Dennis Callaghan, SeniorEnterpriseSoftware Analysis, 451 Research
“IT Management as a Service gives organisations more flexible alternatives to traditional IT management software. This is important for two reasons. As workloads move into the cloud, the IT management tools can move with them. IT Management as a Service also insulates organisations from additional upgrade and maintenance headaches. Why have IT management software that adds to your IT management overhead?”
Cameron McNaught, Executive Vice-President Solutions, International Business, Fujitsu
“Fujitsu continues to work with leading organisations to help our customers take advantage of and implement the best cloud-based solutions. The Fujitsu ITMaaS solution combines CA Nimsoft technology with Fujitsu’s cloud infrastructure, strong service management experience, and integration skills to deliver a compelling proposition to companies seeking agile solutions to their IT management challenges.”
Chris Dickson, Vice-President, Solution Sales, CA Technologies
"IT organisations and ISVs alike are under tremendous pressure to adaptively fulfil business requirements that are relentlessly expanding and evolving, even as they drive down costs and safeguard services. By leveraging CA Nimsoft monitoring and service desk technology as part of its broader strategy to address these customer challenges, Fujitsu has both ensured its ability to deliver exceptionally high-value management-as-a-service solutions and confirmed our leadership in the worldwide IT management market space."
Pricing and availability
Fujitsu IT Management as a Service is part of the Fujitsu Data Center Management & Automation portfolio, which is available now across Europe, Middle East, Africa and India. Pricing varies by region.
Notes to editors
1. ITIL, the Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a collection of good practices for IT service management published in the UK government’s Office of Government Commerce.
2. Based on this solution, Fujitsu won the German Data Center Award 2013 in the category Data Center Software: http://www.future-thinking.de/drzp2013fujitsu
* Fujitsu Data Center Management & Automation: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts//itmaas
* Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
* Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Fujitsu_TS
* Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
* Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/face2fujitsu
* Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
* For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://ts.fujitsu.com/ps2/nr/index.aspx
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese ICT company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170 000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. Fujitsu uses its experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with its customers. Fujitsu (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenue of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended 31 March 2012. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider, with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large, medium-sized and small businesses. The company offers a full portfolio of IT products, business solutions and services, ranging from workplace systems to data centre solutions, managed services, and cloud-based software and solutions. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13 000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus.
Our comments policy does not allow anonymous postings. Read the policy here