WiFi management added to WatchGuard Cloud, enabling MSPs to simplify security service deployments across company’s full tech portfolio
Additionally, new WiFi 6 access points deliver a fast and simplified WiFi experience with enhanced connectivity across wireless and IOT network devices.
WatchGuard® Technologies, a global leader in network security and intelligence, multi-factor authentication (MFA), advanced endpoint protection, and secure WiFi, today announced Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud, along with a new line-up of Wi-Fi 6-enabled access points (APs).
The addition of WiFi in WatchGuard Cloud provides cross-platform integration and centralised management of all WatchGuard products, dramatically simplifying how partners purchase, deploy and manage WatchGuard’s products and services, while the new APs give customers enhanced connectivity, performance and best-in-class security.
“The MSP market continues to grow at an accelerated pace, driving partners to look for centralised solutions that simplify deployment and management for customers, while delivering the highest levels of security. WiFi in WatchGuard Cloud – and the new APs – give partners the ability to layer on WiFi-as-a-Service for customers and integrate it with our complete portfolio of security services like firewall, endpoint protection, MFA, and more," said Andrew Young, senior vice-president of product management at WatchGuard. “WiFi is an integral part of our Unified Security Platform, and now that it’s integrated with WatchGuard Cloud, it will help further scale business growth for MSPs and further reduce costs.”
WatchGuard Cloud helps solution providers that have struggled to work across various management systems to deploy and manage security for customers. A recent survey of MSP executives found that 95% felt that maintaining multiple interfaces decreases the productivity and efficiency of managing their customers’ security. WiFi in WatchGuard Cloud and the “single pane of glass” experience of WatchGuard’s Unified Security Platform dramatically reduces IT overhead and improves overall usability while cutting infrastructure costs.
WatchGuard’s new APs provide next-generation technology to future-proof deployments. The launch of AP130, AP330, and AP430CR comes as the availability of WiFi 6-enabled devices continues to grow. With support for WPA3, the highest level of encryption, and cutting-edge WiFi 6 technology, these new APs are perfect for small to midsize companies and distributed enterprise customers looking for the most secure WiFi configuration.
Some of the key features of WiFi in WatchGuard Cloud include:
- One platform with multiple applications – A single true cloud platform reduces the complexity of managing multiple services for customers. This includes simplified management, eliminating physical or virtual infrastructure, speeding onboarding, streamlining maintenance, and more.
- Multi-tier and multi-tenant capabilities – Manage, configure, and report on WiFi connectivity and performance for each customer from one platform with a single interface. Build recurring revenue models, gauge the value of flexible payment options, and choose complementary models from WatchGuard FlexPay programs.
- Reporting and visibility – Complete insight into crucial information such as signal strength coverage, wireless client bandwidth consumption, access point utilisation, and client distribution.
- Networking and troubleshooting – Detect failures and anomalies, and other connectivity issues.
- Security – Enterprise-grade WiFi security standards, WPA3 encryption, protected management frames, RADIUS authentication, secure VPN tunneling, and more.
- Captive portal – Delivered by a custom-branded portal to match companies’ branding guidelines, and interrupt guest devices from accessing the network until users accept the terms and conditions to connect.
- Additional integrations – Better and faster integrations with WatchGuard's complete product portfolio. API availability for customer data such as licence, expiration, and inventory through WatchGuard Cloud that enables integration with third-party management platforms.
Some of the key features of WatchGuard AP130, AP330, and AP430CR include:
- The latest WiFi security standards – OWE and WPA3 encryption across all of WatchGuard's WiFi 6 access points.
- Next-generation WiFi 6 technology – Increase speed, performance, and connectivity while reducing congestion and delivering a more secure WiFi experience for corporate or remote network users. Simplify upgrades with zero-touch deployment and backward compatibility.
“When it comes to security, our customers want a seamless experience. That can be tough to deliver when layering on and trying to scale secure WiFi, and it’s only gotten more complex as our customers have come to rely on remote workforces. The addition of WiFi in WatchGuard Cloud, and the new WiFi 6 APs, are game-changers for our customers and us," said Luis Gimenez, director of technology at SPW. "We now have a unified security platform that’s not only capable of meeting all our customer needs, but allows us to deploy and manage everything from a centralised dashboard. That not only simplifies our model, it helps us to deliver better security and service to our customers.”
WatchGuard will continue to support existing WiFi hardware. For more information on WiFi in WatchGuard Cloud and the new line-up of APs, click here.