Prepare for SQL Server 2008 end of support
On 9 July 2019, support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end. That means the end of regular security updates.
Don't let your infrastructure and applications go unprotected. Ascent Technology is here to help you migrate to current versions for greater security, performance and innovation.
We've got you covered with new options
New options are now available to help you upgrade and adopt the innovative technologies you need to carry your organisation into the future. If you need additional time to manage the transition, get three years of extended security updates to keep your workloads protected beyond the deadline.
Migrate to Azure with free security updates
* Rehost your SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 with few or no application code changes in Azure SQL Database Managed Instance for a "version-free" platform.
* Or, move to Azure Virtual Machines to get three years of extended security updates at no additional charge, and upgrade to a newer version when ready
* Use existing licences and save up to 55% with Azure Hybrid Benefit.
Upgrade on-premises and stay protected
* Upgrade to SQL Server 2017 for greater security, performance, availability and innovation with cloud analytics.
* For continued protection beyond the deadline, buy up to three years of extended security updates; cover only the workloads you need while you upgrade.
SQL Server and Windows Server: better together
Support for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end on 14 January 2020. Take this opportunity to modernise your database and upgrade to the latest version of Windows Server.
How do I engage with Ascent?
We encourage you to contact us and we will assist you on your journey to discover the value that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 can add to your organisation.