Dispelling the myth: huddle room complexity
Plug-and-play hardware takes the complexity out of running a huddle room session with remote teams by using software that you're already familiar with.
The huddle room has replaced the meeting room for quick team strategy and brainstorm sessions. According to Frost and Sullivan, there are 33 million huddle rooms globally and less than 3% are enabled for video conferencing.
Headset Solutions, industry experts in audio and video conferencing, have seen an increase in demand for video conferencing hardware for company huddle rooms, but say that customers often assume that the hardware is complicated to use. Plug-and-play hardware, designed for the huddle room, takes the complexity out of running a huddle session with remote teams by using the software that you are already familiar with.
“People think installing audio and video hardware into huddle rooms is complicated and expensive, but we are here to dispel that myth,” says Nielle Truter, COO and Director at Headset Solutions. “New plug-and-play technology allows your teams to use any video or audio-conferencing software, including Zoom, Webex and Microsoft Teams.”
More than just quick, remote meetings, these spaces have also filled a need that many employees face: team-friendly collaboration spaces. “While huddle rooms have become popular meeting spaces within business, we found that employees now want a more collaborative function from these spaces,” says Rodney Wearing, Sales Manager at Headset Solutions. “Having the ability to communicate with teams using audio and video technology is now an essential tool for teams to collaborate remotely.”
Although choosing hardware is relatively easy, thanks to the plug-and-play nature of the equipment, there are still several factors that businesses need to keep in mind when choosing hardware for a huddle room.
The room size and layout are the first determining factors. Smaller rooms, for example, require a wider-angle camera as people tend to sit closer to the device. For larger rooms there are camera solutions available that feature facial and voice tracking, ensuring the viewer always sees the person who is talking.
- Understand each other clearly with Polycom Acoustic Clarity technology
- Focus on the meeting, not the controls, with automatic group framing and speaker tracking
- Start meetings easily with simple-to-use, plug-and-play USB connectivity
- Make managing and deploying easier at scale with remote WiFi management
- Enjoy the flexibility of compatibility with nearly every video platform, including Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Zoom, GoToMeeting, Cisco Webex and more
- Block distracting sounds and voices with Polycom NoiseBlock and Acoustic Fence technology
- 4K Ultra HD
- 105° field of view
- One Cable Connection Hub
- Meeting size: up to 12 people
- USB 3.0
- OmniSound with HD audio
Konftel C2055 and C2055Wx are the perfect video collaboration solutions for medium-sized meeting rooms, combining the Konftel Cam20 4K conference camera and a speakerphone in the Konftel 55 series with OmniSound audio quality. The Konftel OCC Hub brings everything together into one convenient kit, so a single USB cable is all you need to connect the camera, the sound unit and the room’s screen to the collaboration app on your laptop.
- 180° field of view
- Panoramic-4K video technology
- Intelligent zoom and optimised video
- Plug-and-play with minimal set-up required
- Works with everything, everywhere (Microsoft Teams certified, Cisco Webex, Zoom, Bluejeans, GoToMeeting, Viyo, Panopto, Slack, Circuit, Rainbow, Fuze, Amazon Chime, Google Hangouts)
- Provides real-time data and information via API.
In the same Frost and Sullivan report, it is predicted that huddle room meetings will grow exponentially to represent over 77% of all room-based video conferences by 2023. We are already beginning to see this trend play out in the South African business environment.
For more information on these products, or to see which hardware is ideally suited for your huddle room, please contact:
Headset Solutions introduces rental programme
Headset Solutions has introduced a new rental programme offering competitive rates and rent to own options for the headsets, audio and video conferencing hardware you need. With up to 36 months to pay, this in-house offer from Headset Solutions will allow you to make better use of your cash. For more information, please email info@headsetsolutions with the subject RENTME.
Where to buy:
Head Office: Communication Centre
Urtel Crescent, Somerset Mall, 7310 Cape Town
T: +27 (0)21 840 2200
T: 0860 100 860