BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY MEDIA COMPANY
Companies
Sectors
Surveys
Key Findings

The Core Business Applications survey was conducted on ITWeb in partnership with Mint Group during September 2020.

The online survey captured a total of 371 valid responses, with 81% of respondents working in private sector companies, and the remaining 19% being from public sector organisations.

Below are the highlights of the findings.


Private sector respondents

  • 49% of the respondents are executive or middle managers from companies of all sizes and a range of industry sectors.
  • 74% report they have a digital transformation roadmap in place
  • Almost 50% use MS Dynamics to manage finance and operations, while 39% use SAP and 12% Oracle.
  • When it comes to CRM, the majority (64%) use MS Dynamics, while just over a third (35%) use Salesforce.
  • Close to 70% report that they unify CRM and ERP applications.
  • Over a half say they are using AI driven customer insight technologies.
  • However, 43% don't have technology that provides predictive insights.
  • 40% have not done a cloud solutions assessment of their current environment.


Public sector respondents

  • 50% of the public sector respondents are at executive or middle management level.
  • 66% report they have a digital transformation roadmap in place (vs 74% in the private sector)
  • SAP is the most popular choice when it comes to managing finance and operations, with 42% using it, followed by MS Dynamics (31%) and Oracle (27%).
  • When it comes to CRM, however, the vast majority (79%) use MS Dynamics.
  • 56% (compared to 70% in the private sector) unify CRM and ERP applications.
  • Most respondents (66%) report that they are not using AI-driven customer insight technologies.
  • Likewise, 65% don't have technology that provides predictive insights.
  • 45% have not done a cloud solutions assessment of their current environment.