* Very good interim figures from
Pinnacle Holdings, with revenue up 46.5% and profit up 42.
' interim results for the six months ended 31 December saw strong revenue growth of 47%, to R6.3 billion, with "pleasing growth" coming from all of its operations, and particularly from the services and solutions cluster.
* Good interim numbers from Silverbridge Holdings, with revenue up 16.4% and profit up 21.
As usual, there was much merger, acquisition and investment activity in the local market that included AEEI investing in Kalula Communications (57%) and Puleng Technologies (51%); American Tower taking over Eaton's South African Towers; BCX buying RDC Corportion; Blue Label Telecoms taking a 45% stake in Cell C; Capitalworks investing in IQ Business; Datatec buying Lantares; Deloitte buying ConVista Consulting; Dimension Data acquiring Ceryx and MWeb Connect; Dynamic Technology Holdings acquiring 51% of Blue Pencil; EOH purchasing Aptronics; First Distribution buying Linux Warehouse; Huge Group buying ConnectNet Group; Iron Mountain acquiring the majority of Docufile SA; Kerridge Commercial Systems (UK) acquiring Integrity Software; Liquid Telecom buying Neotel; Naspers investing in Udemy but selling off Grupa Allegro, its Polish interests; Net 1 buying a small stake in Blue Label Telecoms and a majority stake in Masterpayment; Netsurit merging with Inobits and Marathon Consulting;
Pinnacle Holdings buying out Datacentrix; Stella Capital Partners acquiring Amecor but disposing of its stake in Tellumat; Tritech Media making several strategic ICT investments; and Vumatel taking over Fibrehoods..
Pinnacle, a member of the JSE listed
Pinnacle Holdings, and one of Africa's largest providers of ICT, has partnered with South African-based software company Cibecs, to offer its customers and partners industry-leading end-user data backup and protection..
* TrackOFF, a US-based security company, has entered the South African market.* A new ICT sector code for B-BBEE has been published.
* A mixed trading update from Altron.* The acquisition by privately-owned African software group Dynamic Technology Holdings of a 51% stake in Blue Pencil, an SAP services specialist headquartered in Johannesburg.
subsidiary is linked to alleged corruption by an SANDF official accused of favouring certain suppliers in return for gifts..
* Mixed Q3 numbers from Telemasters, with revenue up 14% but profit down 83.9%.
Disti Award: Jaco Heuer, Axiz Workgroup The Disti Award was based on four criteria, namely overall revenue; Key Performance Objectives met (sales enablement and accreditations, Growth Partner enablement, marketing initiatives and demo program drive); entry level units sold and incremental revenue contribution. Axiz Workgroup is South Africa's leading IT infrastructure and software distributor and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the
Group of Companies.
Datacentrix is now a
Group company, after Pinnacle upped its stake to just over 55% in January. Datacentrix says this gives it further access to an extended solution set, positioning it uniquely among its peers by eliminating the need to source alternative vendors or solutions in non-core areas.
Pinnacle Holdings Group company, Datacentrix now has further access to an extended solution set, positioning it uniquely among its peers by eliminating the need to source alternative vendors or solutions in non-core areas. This move to becoming a more holistic technology solutions provider makes Datacentrix more cohesive, more reliable and a stronger IT partner.
* Good interim numbers from Metrofile, with revenue up 10.8% and profit up 13.
* Satisfactory Q3 figures from MiX Telematics, with revenue up 7.7% and profit up 81.
* An interim loss from Labat Africa.* Excellent year-end figures from Silvertree Internet Holdings, a consumer-focused Internet platform.
Local ICT distribution group
has acquired a majority stake in Solareff – a solar power solutions company and solar photovoltaic specialist – for an undisclosed amount..
* Satisfactory interim numbers from Vodacom, with revenue up 6.4% and profit up 2.
Pierre Spies will take over as CEO of
Centrafin, a financial service provider focused on the rentals and asset finance industry, takes pride in offering structured financial service solutions which best meet the needs of its partners as well as tailored Green Finance Solutions for business. Owned by
Pinnacle Holdings, Centrafin recently reported revenue growth of 29% net profit and after tax growth of 33% making it Pinnacle's star performer in the financial services division.
* Good interim numbers from Datacentrix, with revenue up 11.3% and profit up 15.
: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in