' customer engagement solution with Content Guru's storm cloud platform..
* Accenture acquired Arismore, a French security company, as well as Altitude, a product design and innovation company.* Akamai Technologies bought Cyberfend, an innovator in bot and automation detection solutions for Web and mobile environments.
* Avnet acquired Hackster, an online community that helps users globally learn how to design, create and program Internet-connected hardware.* BlueStream, a provider of planning, implementation and maintenance services for wireless and wireline communications networks, bought selected assets and ongoing business of the program management and field installation services arm of Andrew Services, a division of CommScope.
Despite the rise in digital customer service channels, most consumers choose human interaction as their primary way to interact with brands, says
* Quarterly losses from Comtech Telecommunications, ModusLink, Renren, SeaChange International,
Verint Systems and Volt Information Sciences.* The resignation of Ron Gula, co-founder and CEO of Tenable Network Security (stays on as chairman).
* Asure Software bought Mangrove Employer Services, a cloud SaaS vendor in human capital management applications.* CenturyLink purchased netAura, a security services firm that specialises in engineering, developing and consulting on managed security technologies.
* BlackBerry has acquired UK-based cyber security consultancy Encription.* Datacastle, a provider of enterprise endpoint backup, archiving and insights, bought the worldwide endpoint data protection assets of Seagate Technology.
This is according to a
study, which polled more than 18 000 consumers across nine countries, of which 2 010 were South African..
* VimpelCom's Pakistani unit Mobilink acquired Warid Telecom in exchange for Warid's owner, the Dhabi Group, getting a 15% stake in Mobilink.* Motorola Solutions bought UK-based communications company Airwave Solutions for £817.
This is according to a study by
with support from analyst and consultancy firm Ovum and research company Opinium. More than 18 000 consumers in nine countries, including South Africa, were interviewed online.
* Verizon Communications (AOL) acquired Millennial Media, a mobile advertising company, for $250 million.* Satisfactory quarterly results from Verifone (back in the black).
* Accenture acquired Schlumberger Business Consulting, the management consulting unit of Schlumberger, a global leader in oilfield services.* Liberty Interactive Corporation, which owns home shopping network QVC, bought Zulily, an online retailer, for $2.
* Apple acquired FoundationDB, a specialist in NoSQL databases.* Cellnex Telecom bought the majority of Wind's telecom towers business (Italy) for €693 million.
The company will be the exclusive systems integration partner for
Verint Systems in sub-Saharan Africa..
* Accenture bought Reactive Media (Australia), an independent digital agency.* Adobe purchased Fotolia, a stock photography company, for $800 million.
* The Indian Department of Telecom announced the merger of BSNL and MTNL, the state-run telecommunications companies, will be finalised by the end of June 2015. * Twitpic, a company that allows people to upload photos to Twitter, is closing down, as Twitter threatened to cut off access to the service if it didn't alter its trademark.
* Alibaba made a $192 million acquisition (50%) of Guangzhou Evergrande, China's most successful soccer club.* Apple bought Spotsetter, a social maps app.
The company will offer Verint's enterprise Workforce Optimisation suite as a cloud-based solution..
Verint Systems, a provider of analytic software and hardware for the security, surveillance and business intelligence markets, acquired Vovici, a provider of survey software and analytics services..
InContact, a provider of cloud-based call centre software offerings, has entered into partnership with
Verint Systems, a provider of enterprise workforce optimisation software and services, reveals ..