The proverbial phrase "patience is a virtue" clearly doesn't apply to today's digital consumer. When you go online to make a purchase, stream a video, check a balance, look at investments – you can fill in the blank here – there's no time to wait. There is an ever increasing expectation of immediate service, answers and support. For a company, making sure that you can meet these expectations in a constantly changing and competitive online environment is always top of mind, says BMC Software.
There are many aspects that come into play in order to ensure the best customer experience. Using automation to speed delivery and reduce human error isn't a new concept, but one that has continued to garner the spotlight for some years now.
Take workload automation (WLA) – automating batch processes is essential for digital business to improve agility and make it easier for companies to innovate. Workload automation solutions come in many sizes and shapes, so it pays to take a critical look at the WLA solutions that can play to your advantage across the enterprise. Homegrown solutions or the multi-scheduler approach can make it difficult to create, maintain, and synchronise batch processing tasks. In addition, this approach often requires too much manual effort to manage, introducing unnecessary risk and performance problems which could result in less than satisfactory customer.ESG evaluated Control-M, a workload automation solution from BMC, highlighting nine key capabilities driving this best-in-class solution. According to ESG, the Control-M solution easily and effectively handles the most complex environments while supporting digital business excellence and growth.
1. A single solution managing all batch activities. Most large enterprises have a heterogeneous mix of servers, operating systems, and applications. To simplify application integration, usage, and management they need a single view into their workload activities. The Control-M user interface adapts to provide a consistent way to automate scheduled workloads and view job flows anywhere, any time, and on any device.
2. Efficient management of the definition, control, and execution of workflows. Application developers can create and deliver workflows that adhere to standards, accelerating development while improving quality and control.
3. Integration across a wide variety of environments. Control-M supports multiple operating systems, databases, and applications with pre-built templates, nearly any database and any application, (including homegrown) leveraging Control-M Application Integrator.
4. Advanced workload automation capabilities. Digital business success requires advanced capabilities, like predictive analytics that can identify and address conditions that could slow down service delivery.
5. Lower TCO and cost of business operations. By automating critical IT processes with Control-M, organisations can manage business services more cost effectively while mitigating risk.
6. Optimised, intelligent use of server capacity across all environments. Run workloads where they'll be most effective.
7. Integrated managed file transfer. Define, schedule and manage file transfer workflows alongside other workload tasks.
8. Drive DevOps with Jobs-as-Code. The latest in "shift-left," developers can easily improve application delivery speed and quality while reducing rework by integrating jobs as part of application code development.
9 Ease of migration from existing tools. Eliminate the challenges of maintaining multiple scripts and synchronizing schedulers. Simplify the conversion process with the Control-M conversion tool.
"Enterprises that approach WLA through anything less than an enterprise solution are accepting unnecessary inefficiency and risk," according to the ESG report. It's worth keeping in mind that your business is only as valuable as your ability to drive a customer experience that brings in new business and keeps them coming back again and again. As your digital business continues to expand, your workload automation solution will need to grow along with it.
Our comments policy does not allow anonymous postings. Read the policy here