MicroStrategy Incorporated, a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, announced that in a comprehensive survey of companies using business intelligence software products, MicroStrategy achieved the highest ranking on numerous key performance indicators (KPIs). The BI Survey 12, conducted by German-based Business Application Research Center (BARC), is the world’s largest independent survey of business intelligence and performance management users, with 2 775 respondents.
“Over a number of consecutive BI Surveys, MicroStrategy has consistently scored at or near the top of its peer group in Performance, Customer Satisfaction and Innovation. This trend has continued in the BI Survey 12. This is a reflection of MicroStrategy’s continued focus on the quality and performance of the platform, as well as its dedication to its customers’ success,” said Dr Carsten Bange, Founder and CEO of BARC.
MicroStrategy achieves highest ranking in six BI factors within the BI giants’ peer groupThe BI Survey analyses KPIs for business intelligence success. MicroStrategy achieved top ranking in six BI factors within the peer group ‘BI Giants’, a group that includes IBM Cognos BI, IBM Cognos TM1, Infor, Information Builders, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SSAS, Microsoft SSRS, Oracle Essbase, Oracle OBIEE, QlikTech, SAP BO WebI and SAP BW.
MicroStrategy ranked first in:
* Total Performance. MicroStrategy’s top ranking in this KPI demonstrates its excellence and leadership as the top-performing enterprise BI platform.
* User Recommendation. MicroStrategy scoring first in this KPI reflects the quality of its product and the satisfaction of its users. MicroStrategy users are more satisfied and likely to recommend MicroStrategy than peers recommending the usage of other BI Giants’ products.
* Mobile. MicroStrategy ranked first in Mobile for the percentage of its customers using its Mobile platform. As an early innovator in Mobile BI, MicroStrategy has led the BI Survey in this KPI since its inception.
* Query Performance (adjusted for data volumes). MicroStrategy ranked first for query performance, adjusted for the data volume that participants indicated, with its products performing more than three times better than the average of all products.
* Data Volumes. MicroStrategy scored first in analysing customers’ largest data volumes, and has ranked first in this category for the past 11 years.
* Big Data. MicroStrategy’s top ranking in this KPI, which aggregates the ‘Data Volume’ and ‘Variety of Data Types’ KPIs, also reflects the fact that MicroStrategy’s customers are leading innovators in the big data space.
In addition to achieving the top score for some of the more important KPIs, MicroStrategy ranked in the top three for a variety of other KPIs. MicroStrategy has always been known as a leading innovator and its top ranking in the Innovation KPI bears this out. MicroStrategy’s top scores in the “Vendor Support”, “Product Satisfaction”, and “Total Satisfaction” KPIs are a testament to MicroStrategy’s high quality platform and the company’s dedication to the success and satisfaction of its customers.
Melanie Mack, co-author of the BI Survey, stated: “I attribute MicroStrategy’s continued high rankings in the BI Survey to its focus on maintaining the integrity and quality of its unified platform. In addition, the company continues to be at the forefront of new functionality.”
“MicroStrategy’s year-over-year leadership in a substantial number of KPIs in the BI Survey reflects our ongoing commitment to providing the highest quality products and services to our customers so they can successfully deploy business intelligence solutions across their organisations,” said Sanju Bansal, MicroStrategy Chief Operating Officer. “At the same time, MicroStrategy has invested significantly to bring powerful new technologies to the market to address the big data, mobile and cloud trends.”
A new BI Survey 12 iPad App, powered by MicroStrategy Mobile, allows BARC customers to easily analyse the full survey data, including 22 root KPIs and 11 aggregated KPIs, via a number of predefined or user-defined custom filtering criteria. The app allows organisations to focus on the results of products under evaluation and make quick comparisons between the tools. To purchase the complete BI Survey 12 results from BARC via an iPad App powered by MicroStrategy Mobile, visit: http://www.bi-survey.com/microstrategy-ipad-app.html.
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a leading provider of enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), mobile intelligence, and social intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's BI platform enables leading organisations worldwide to analyse the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. Companies choose MicroStrategy BI for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy's mobile intelligence platform helps companies and organisations build, deploy, and maintain mobile apps across a range of solutions by embedding intelligence, transactions, and multimedia into apps. MicroStrategy's social intelligence platform includes a number of applications that help enterprises harness the power of social networks for marketing and e-commerce, as well as a suite of free consumer friendly apps that use MicroStrategy's enterprise technologies. The MicroStrategy Cloud offering combines MicroStrategy and third-party software, hardware, and services to enable rapid, cost-effective development of hosted BI, mobile, and social applications. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform, MicroStrategy Cloud, and MicroStrategy Mobile are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Red Ribbon Communications
Our comments policy does not allow anonymous postings. Read the policy here