Companies consider replacing their payroll and HR systems from time to time. The reasons may vary, ranging from questions about the technology and problems with service, through to group decisions, mergers or features that lack in current applications.
Sandra Swanepoel, a Director at Sage VIP, takes a look at companies that have been using Sage VIP for many years, and captures the 10 reasons why companies stay.
1. At Sage VIP CID - ‘Customer Intimacy Discipline’ - means we deliver world-class customer service. This can be attributed to the fact that we invest in customer service training, which uplifts and measures our employee performance on an ongoing basis. It is addictive and clients that experience it want more, which explains why 99.39% of our users recommend Sage VIP as the payroll and HR solution of choice.
2. The biggest cost facing companies is their human resource costs that need to be managed effectively. Sage VIP’s software is designed in such a way that you can manage your ROI per employee or per department with optimum accuracy. The data is available online, in real-time at the click of a button, which underscores informed decision-making.
3. How much do you need to know when you want to be a payroll or HR consultant? At Sage VIP, a graduate is given classroom product training for four months, which is followed by supervised practical sessions with the assistance of specialists. Some may consider it to be a bit of an overkill, but when you work at Sage VIP you realise just how much a customer depends on your expertise; it can never be underestimated.4. Feature-rich software sounds so yesterday, yet you cannot invest in anything less than that if you need software that is flexible. It is essentially an investment in the future of your business, and if your payroll and HR system cannot cater for the requirements you never thought would happen, it will cost you dearly in the long run.
5. Legislation is a must for all payroll and HR applications, and often I hear companies say that every payroll calculates tax; but how quickly are legislative changes made available, and does it include all the legislation? Catering for legislative changes means doing it across multifaceted environments and countries, accurately and comprehensively.
6. Sage VIP walked away with the Deloitte Best Company to Work For award, for the third year running, in 2012. It means our employees are challenged and content, which directly translates into longstanding client relationships that are built on integrity.
7. The infrastructure that Sage VIP offers provides support to companies in remote parts of the country, with fully functional offices in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, East London, Bloemfontein, Gaborone, Windhoek and Nairobi. It is a key consideration that companies, which are planning to expand their operations across South Africa and Africa, should heed.
8. Sage VIP’s operational systems such as its national call centre and CRM products are state of the art. Some may question the value of these systems, but it saves time and underpins flawless customer service that will help you solve your query quickly and efficiently.
9. Innovation is a core value at Sage VIP that defines software that is fresh and up-to-date. We invest in technology solutions so that our clients never need to reinvest in new software. One of our customers has been with Sage VIP for 23 years, which is unheard of in the industry, yet part of the package at Sage VIP.
10. Sage VIP has ample resources available that companies can utilise. If you are looking for a payroll and HR administrator that is well acquainted with Sage VIP’s products, you can rest assured there are many expert people available and looking for opportunities.
Sage VIP is a leading supplier of payroll and human resource management solutions in South Africa and Africa, having a comprehensive African partner network that comprises 24 African countries. Sage VIP’s extensive service offering and comprehensive range of products epitomises ease of use, stability and reliability. The flexibility the Sage VIP service offering provides is uniquely catered to each client’s company and legislative needs, whether it is an SME or a multinational corporation.
Sage VIP was voted as the Business and Professional Services Company of the Year for 2012 in the ‘Deloitte Best Company to Work For Survey’, for the third year running.
The Sage Group is a leading global provider of business management software to small and medium-sized companies, creating greater freedom for them to succeed. Sage understands how and why each business is unique. It provides products and services that suit varying needs, are a pleasure to use and are secure and efficient. Formed in 1981, Sage was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1989 and entered the FTSE 100 in 1999. Sage has over 6 million customers and more than 13 500 employees in 24 countries covering the UK and Ireland, mainland Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia, Asia and Brazil.
Watt Communications & G Watt Design
Our comments policy does not allow anonymous postings. Read the policy here