* New Fujitsu server PRIMERGY systems drive power and cooling economies in the data centre
* Leap in workload performance by converging ETERNUS storage, PRIMERGY servers and I/O
* Holistic Server Lifecycle Management increases productivity and more effectively uses limited resources
* Greater value delivered throughout the life cycle of data centre systems with the Fujitsu ecosystem of business-proven quality, tools, supply chain flexibility and comprehensive service offerings
Fujitsu today enables businesses of all sizes to thrive in an age of exploding demand for applications, data and digital content with the introduction of its new generation of Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY systems. This intelligent server backbone is the cornerstone of Fujitsu’s development of affordable and simple-to-operate reference architectures, such as RapidStructure and vShape, plus solution concepts that address scenarios including business analytics, collaboration and messaging. 
The way enterprises deal with technology is changing. For example, massive deployment of server virtualisation, migration into the cloud, and a constantly rising flood of data, are driving a revolution in data centre architectures. Information and communications technology (ICT) is now defining how efficiently organisations interact with customers and other stakeholders, and how they manage the development of new products and services.
For decades, ICT systems have been getting incrementally faster, smaller and more affordable. However, in the cloud era, they also need to become smarter to contribute to business success. For organisations to achieve business advantage more quickly, their ICT must also provide an intelligent backbone for data centres that ensures they have the compute and storage power to cope with intensifying demand for instant access to data. This is invariably complex to achieve, as all aspects of the infrastructures, applications, their operation and maintenance need to be balanced accordingly.
Designed to harness the reality facing businesses and their data centres today, the new PRIMERGY systems exponentially increase application performance due to optimised interaction between storage, server and input/output (I/O) operations. They make better use of limited resources, and so minimise the otherwise substantial energy and cooling costs on an unprecedented scale. To enable fast return on investment, shorten project times and increase the availability of applications and services, Fujitsu also offers a wide-ranging portfolio of tools and customisation, supported by a major global services organisation.
With Fujitsu’s new PRIMERGY systems, customers are able to turn their technology into a competitive advantage due to:* Enhanced energy optimisation: This allows customers to save energy and cooling costs while ensuring system availability even under extreme conditions, with an additional saving of up to 27%. 
Further information on the new generation of PRIMERGY servers, which will be extended with topics on a week-by-week basis, is available from today on: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/dual-socket-primergy2013.
Uwe Neumeier, Vice-President, Server System Sales, Fujitsu Technology Solutions
”We are living though a period of tremendous upheaval in the business environment and society as a whole. At the same time, ICT is advancing dramatically in terms of quality, reliability and use of resources. These phenomenal advances mean ICT can now actually solve the issues facing business and society, rather than just improving productivity and making operations more efficient.”
Pricing and availability
General availability of the new generation of Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY systems begins in the second half of 2013. This includes the PRIMERGY TX tower servers for remote and branch offices, the versatile PRIMERGY RX rack-mount servers with leading efficiency and performance, the compact and scalable PRIMERGY BX blade systems providing infrastructure density and converged management, and the density optimised PRIMERGY CX cloud server infrastructures providing more computing power in less space. Prices vary by configuration.
Notes to editors
1. Reference architectures and solution concepts brought to market in partnership with strategic global software solution providers.
2. Fujitsu internal estimates based on Gartner report: Top 10 Techniques to Improve Data Center Cooling Efficiency. Reaches new levels of efficiency for power and cooling due to Cool-safe design enhancements and new 80 Plus Titanium power supplies (96% efficiency).
3. Fujitsu customer reports show that using Fujitsu ServerView management practices for virtualised and real server installations results in up to 55% savings on running costs. (Case study: ARA Assistance).
* Dual-socket PRIMERGY 2013 Microsite: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/dual-socket-primergy2013
* Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY systems: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/servers/primergy/
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170 000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. It uses its experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with its customers. Fujitsu (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of ¥4.4 trillion ($47 billion) for the fiscal year ended 31 March 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Our comments policy does not allow anonymous postings. Read the policy here