Dell's new latitude family gives employees everything they want in a laptop and 2-In-1 with the security, manageability and reliability IT demands
* Taking a cue from its award-winning XPS line, Dell's Latitude portfolio is updated with its thinnest, lightest business-class notebooks and 2-in-1s.
* Dell expands industry-leading monitor portfolio with its first OLED monitor, the world's first InfinityEdge monitors, and new wireless monitor.
Dell today announced at CES 2016 an expanded selection of Latitude commercial devices that combine industry-leading security, manageability and reliability features business customers demand with the stunning design, InfinityEdge display and premium materials employees crave.
Adapted from the company's successful line of XPS consumer devices, the new additions across the Latitude and UltraSharp display lines represent the most comprehensive commercial products redesign in company history and demonstrate Dell's commitment to delivering an unmatched experience to satisfy and impress today's mobile business professional.
"For more than 20 years, Latitude products have been a leading choice among commercial customers worldwide for their unmatched security, manageability, reliability and support features," said Kirk Schell, vice president and general manager, commercial client solutions, Dell. "With the new Latitude line, we are delivering commercial devices employees will desire for being thinner, lighter and more capable than many of the most popular consumer products without compromising on the security and manageability requirements of IT."
In addition, Dell's commercial customers indicate they plan to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro sooner than they did with previous Windows operating system updates. Windows 10 offers the familiarity of Windows 7 with the touch-friendly features of Windows 8.1, so new devices such as 2-in-1s will provide a better user experience. Furthermore, Intel and Dell engineers developed a deep partnership to create a system that includes the latest Intel vPro processors to usher in premium platforms that will change the way businesses operate when it comes to collaboration, security and productivity. "Combining these advances with Dell's innovative small, portable commercial product designs, there has never been a better time to upgrade." said Schell.
Latitude 13 7000, Latitude 12 7000, Latitude 11 5000: beautiful design and features that impress
The Latitude portfolio was founded upon business-class security, manageability and reliability. The entire Latitude 3000, 5000 and 7000 Series has been completely refreshed with thin and light designs, excellent efficiency and powerful processing options. Dell has elevated its commercial line-up by taking design cues from its highly acclaimed XPS line, so commercial customers can enjoy the same sleek form factor and unique materials that deliver light weight and rigidity throughout the lineup. With an emphasis on creating beautiful products that people will be proud to carry, the addition of the Latitude 13 7000 Series Ultrabook, Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1, and Latitude 11 5000 Series 2-in-1 build off of the key pillars that IT demands while offering the high performance needed for today's fast-paced and demanding work environments.
* The Dell Latitude 13 7000 Series Ultrabook is the world's thinnest (14.32mm) and lightest (2.48 lbs) 13-inch business-class notebook. Built using layers of unidirectional 40 ton carbon fibre, the same materials used in applications like spacecraft and aerospace, the Latitude 13 can endure the rigor of heavy business-use while maintaining an attractive allure. The world's only business-class Ultrabook with InfinityEdge display, the ultra-thin bezel around the screen creates an enjoyable and exquisite viewing experience for presentations, documents and videos. In addition, the Latitude 13 includes Thunderbolt 3 for 8x faster data transfer than USB 3.0, dual 4k displays, and the industry-standard USB Type-C allowing one cable for docking, power, video, audio and data. A perfect fit for on-the-go employees, the laptop offers up to 10 hours of battery life and is packed with advanced security features - including a smartcard reader, fingerprint reader, RFID reader, and security and encryption software.
* Built for the mobile elite professional, the Dell Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1 is one of the lightest 12.5-inch 2-in-1s available and provides the best of both worlds for those who want the full functionality of a laptop, in performance and design, easily converted into a tablet. The unique design is free of cumbersome latches, locks or alignment pins, and instead uses magnets; easily transitioning from various use modes for maximum flexibility and productivity. The Latitude 12 offers a world-class ecosystem, including two keyboard options tailored for the professional's work style. The Dell Latitude 12 Slim Keyboard is full-sized, lightweight, well-spaced with backlit chiclet keys for effortless typing, and offers a full range of viewing angles. In addition, the Dell Latitude 12 Premium Keyboard single-handedly connects to the tablet, and features backlit keys and mouse cursor control with a high precision, gesture touchpad. With a slim 8mm screen, hardened Corning Gorilla Glass NBT and magnesium unibody build, and the only business 2-in-1 with a 4K UltraSharp UHD touch display, the Latitude 12 is an impressive and striking mobile device for the most demanding mobile professional.
* The Dell Latitude 11 5000 Series 2-in-1 is a thin and light 10.8-inch business-class 2-in-1 available with the world's best security and manageability features. Designed with beautiful, premium materials including lightweight magnesium and hardened glass, the Latitude 11 is an eye-catching productivity tool guaranteed to please any business professional's taste. Starting at just 1.56 pounds, the 2-in-1 is a simple, portable device that provides a seamless transition between tablet and laptop modes with strong pen accuracy for capturing hand-written inputs via the optional stylus. It offers IT and business professionals alike robust security and manageability capabilities, including comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication, cutting-edge malware prevention, and automated and streamlined system deployment, monitoring and updating.
Dell's first OLED monitor and the world's first InfinityEdge monitors: expands Dell's industry-leading monitor portfolio
Dell also unveiled a new collection of CES Innovation Award-winning monitors, including a stunning OLED monitor, two new InfinityEdge monitors that offer a virtually bezel-less display and a wireless monitor that allow mobile users to connect directly to the display without cables.
* The Dell UltraSharp 30 OLED monitor is Dell's first OLED monitor, bringing together the advantages of OLED display technology to PC professionals working in colour-critical environments such as graphic arts and photography. The monitor delivers a cutting-edge typical contrast ratio of 400 000:1 that delivers "true black", coverage of industry colour spaces such as AdobeRGB and DCI-P3, brilliantly detailed Ultra HD 4K resolution and an ultra-fast response time of 0.1 ms. It also supports USB Type-C enabling single cable power, video and data connectivity with compatible systems.
* The Dell UltraSharp InfinityEdge monitors feature the world's first InfinityEdge displays with ultra-thin borders. Designed with a complementing arm that offers greater adjustment flexibility and integrated cable management, this recipient of 2016 CES Awards in Innovation and Eco-Design helps maximise workspace and minimise desktop clutter. Both the 27 inch Quad HD and 23.8 inch Full HD monitors support outstanding screen performance, colour precision and extensive connectivity.
The Dell UltraSharp 24 Wireless monitor is packed with the latest technology allowing users to display and manage content from a Windows laptop and Android smartphone, concurrently.
Dell Dock and Dell Thunderbolt Dock: connecting the computing ecosystem
Critical to productivity and multitasking, Dell offers a comprehensive ecosystem of accessories to complete the working experience. Announced this autumn, the Dell Dock and the Dell Thunderbolt Dock offer commercial users the opportunity to effectively integrate displays, mice and external keyboards. Both new docks are equipped with the next generation USB Type-C ports that support data, video and power through a single cable in a slim form factor. The Dell Dock is essential for desk workers, hotel cubes and hot desks, and conference room collaboration, while the Dell Thunderbolt Dock with Intel Thunderbolt 3 technology is a flawless fit for power users and traditional workstation clients, such as Dell Precision customers.
World Class Support
Dell's award-winning support service, ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets is available with the new Latitude line. Backed by Dell's innovative SupportAssist technology, ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets is the only complete support service combining 24x7 priority access to expert support, accidental damage repair, and proactive, predictive monitoring for automatic issue prevention and resolution. With the solution customers spend up to 84% less time on technical support calls and take up to 58% fewer steps to resolve common hardware issues than key competitors. In addition, customers with 1 000 or more ProSupport Plus systems receive a dedicated Technical Account Manager who serves as a single point of accountability and provides monthly reporting.
Visit Dell at the Yardbird during CES 2016 and See How Much "We Love Your Work"
At CES, Dell is celebrating all of the inventive and innovative work its customers do using Dell technology. Themed "We Love Your Work", Dell is hosting an interactive gallery at the Yardbird Southern Table & Bar at the Venetian to highlight the diversity of different work in unique and eye-catching exhibits. The Dell space will be open from 6 to 8 January starting at 8am PT for all CES badge holders to stop by and check out the original installations, demos and creative "We Love Your Work" experience.
CES Innovation Awards
Dell is thrilled to announce multiple products selected as 2016 CES Innovation Award Honorees. Dell products taking home CES Innovation Awards, an annual competition honouring outstanding design and engineering in technology products, include:
* Latitude 13 7000 Series Laptop (Computer Hardware category)
* Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1 (Tablets & E-Readers category)
* Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet (Tablets & E-Readers category)
* Precision 5510 Notebook (Computer Hardware category)
* XPS 12 (Computer Hardware category)
* UltraSharp OLED Monitors (Computer Peripherals category)
* UltraSharp Wireless Monitors (Computer Peripherals category)
* UltraSharp InfinityEdge Monitors (Computer Peripherals category)
* UltraSharp InfinityEdge Monitors (Eco-Design category)