AudioCodes, Q-KON SA lead O365 appliance battle
AudioCodes, a leading provider of converged voice solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to transition to all-IP voice networks, recently introduced the expansion of the AudioCodes One Box 365 family of appliances, with two new models.
Building on the success of the AudioCodes One Box 365 Standard Edition, which serves sites up to 200 users, the Pro and Enterprise Editions can scale up to 500 users and 5 000 users, respectively.
One Box 365 is available from Q-KON SA, distributor for sub-Saharan Africa, and winner of the "AudioCodes 2014 Africa Partner of the Year" award. One Box 365 is an appliance-based hybrid solution, for Office 365 customers with E4 licences, providing all the critical hardware, software and services required for a successful Lync voice implementation. The appliance combines multiple Lync server roles, including reverse proxy, gateway and SBC functionality in one single elegant unit.
Key features of the One Box solution include:
* Integration into multiple ADs;
* Fully supported single sign-on, even over multiple ADs;
* Built on Microsoft best practices in a resource forest model; users within this forest are considered "disabled users" making sure no additional Microsoft licences are necessary;
* A certified enhanced gateway for Lync 2013; and
* Additional features such as centralised call forwarding, automated user management, reporting dashboard, and simplified maintenance are supported.
"Although other similar products exists in the market, system integrators must ensure that important aspects such as media interworking, media by-pass, and AD look-up are supported, before making a costly mistake," warns Tjaart de Wet, MD of Q-KON SA.
"When combined with the AudioCodes Lync certified IP phones, network monitoring and management software, voice recording platform, and SIP-phone-support, customers can enjoy a true one-stop shop solution. With this solution, Q-KON SA aims to expand its services based on customer-oriented, integrated and automated user management," De Wet concludes.