KDS Direct responds to hospital SOS
The company's document management solutions address core challenges in hospitals, and can be customised.
Documentation management systems (DMS) are used to track, manage and store documents and reduce paperwork. They are capable of keeping large volumes of records of various versions and in different formats. They are also able to track activities of different users.
Hospitals, clinics and private practices maintain patient medical records and billing information on a daily basis. Physicians and doctors are required to retain these medical records for a certain number of years before they dispose of them.
According to the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), practitioners are advised to retain medical records for at least six years after they become dormant. Most hospitals and clinics abide by this policy. Over a period of time, this amounts to a large volume of data to administer.
This is just one of the many challenges hospitals face every day. Other important issues may relate to the waste of limited resources and security threats to confidential patient information.
KDS Direct provides hospitals with a wide array of support options for mastering these key tasks. The company has developed flexible solutions to ensure your hospital is able to cope with large volumes of data. There is also the added benefit of working efficiently in a secure environment, improving productivity and reducing costs at the same time.
KDS Direct's modular-based approach and use of open interfaces gives it the flexibility to customise solutions to meet the particular requirements of your hospital. KDS Direct does all the heavy lifting for you, so you can be free to focus on what matters most – your patients!
KDS Direct's solutions offering caters for every aspect of your hospital’s document workflows, from patient visits, to examination, treatment, operation, prescription, billing and payments. The company also provides all the necessary hardware devices (printers and scanners) and information systems (hospital, pharmacy, accounting and insurance claim) to ensure you have a comprehensive solution in place.
Below are some of KDS Direct's solutions packages:
Patient Data Management
- Unique patient bar code for distinctive patient identification.
- Scan all documents and automatically allocate to the right patient.
- Make sure all medical information is correct and instantly available.
- Automate scan and archiving workflows.
- Comfortable access to all necessary forms and documents.
- No computer skills needed – ideal for all staff.
- Complete output security to protect patient privacy.
- Accounting and print rules for tracking and control.
- Hospital access cards can be used for device authentication.
MDS (Managed Document Solutions)
- A-to-Z service, including service level agreement and consumables management.
- Guaranteed cost and downtime reduction without impact to quality.
- Capability to manage multiple brands.
By using KDS Direct’s comprehensive hospital document solutions, you are guaranteed the following benefits: best value for money, significant cost reduction, streamlined and efficient working environment, secure patient data and productivity improvements.
For more information on KDS Direct's hospital document solutions, please contact one of its experienced professional consultants on these contact details: