BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY MEDIA COMPANY
Companies
Sectors

Xerox XDN partners with Glenwood High School

As the service provider for the school's printing requirements, XDN Office (Xerox) has devices that can handle high volumes and save costs.

Johannesburg, 28 Jun 2019
Read time 3min 10sec
From left: Dirk Le Roux (XDN Office, Xerox), Dr Andri Barnes (headmistress) and Colleen Stopforth (bursar).
From left: Dirk Le Roux (XDN Office, Xerox), Dr Andri Barnes (headmistress) and Colleen Stopforth (bursar).

XDN Office (Xerox) has recently partnered with Glenwood High School as a service provider for all the school's printing requirements. The production printing devices installed will handle the high volume and help to ease the pressure of printing during peak periods. 

The company has also installed many office multifunction colour devices, and teachers and pupils are benefiting from the devices' new features. The Xerox devices have excellent security features and detailed reporting programs to allow the school to manage its usage and coverage, saving costs and time.

XDN Office (Xerox) always strives to create value for customers by giving them excellent support and high-performance printing devices. XDN is honoured to have the business and loyalty of a prestigious and established school such as Glenwood High and is committed to work hard to achieve the goal which unites the company to its customers: achieving excellence together.

From humble beginnings in 1910, when there were just 26 boys on the roll, Glenwood High School has grown to be one of the leading schools in KwaZulu-Natal, as well as in South Africa. Sport was introduced from the very beginning and has remained an integral part of the school ever since.

The school's name, which was then The Day Continuation School for Boys,  was changed to Technical High School, Durban in 1915. By the end of World War I in 1918, 25 Old Boys and one staff member had made the supreme sacrifice. To this day, they are still remembered (together with World War II casualties) on memorials around the school and at annual remembrance services.

In January 1929, the school was able to move into its current premises in McDonald Rd. The name was changed to its current name, Glenwood High School, in 1934. 

In 1935, the Government Schools Hostel was opened; after WWII the name was changed to Gibson House in memory of Roy Gibson, an outstanding sportsman and one of the original boarders who had died in WWII.

The outbreak of war in 1939 saw hundreds of Old Boys volunteer for service. By the time the war ended in 1945, 124 Old Boys and two teachers had died in service of their country. At the beginning of 1947, a War Memorial fund was established to perpetuate, in tangible form, the memory of those who had died in both world wars. In 1951, the Memorial Swimming Pool was opened.

Between 1950 and 1960, the school went from strength to strength and was one of the top schools in KwaZulu-Natal in both academic and sporting fields. As numbers increased, so did the school’s appearance. Between 1960 and 2012, a Drawing/Science wing was added, the sport fields were extended, the Fortress Block overlooking the main field was added in the 1970s. This addition of more than 30 classrooms was welcomed, as was the new School Hall which could seat over 1 000 boys. Further additions included three squash courts, the Mike Turrell Pavilion overlooking the swimming pool in 2000 and the Ivan Clark Pavilion in 2012.

Glenwood is much more than the achievements of a few talented individuals. It has provided an education for thousands of boys over the last century and will continue to do so for many years into the future.

Xerox develops a variety of leading-edge technologies that generate innovative products, solutions and services. XDN Office (Xerox) is excited to be partnering with Glenwood High School and looks forward to a long and mutually rewarding relationship.

Editorial contacts
Altron Bytes Document Solutions Tanya Moodley (011) 928 9111 Tanya.moodley@bdsol.co.za
Have your say