Riverbed launches most powerful SD-WAN solution with significant enterprise-class routing enhancements, flexible subscription pricing
* Riverbed surpasses 1 000 SD-WAN customers.
* Provides customers with flexible subscription-based pricing and in-field upgrade options to 'future-proof' their networks and meet specific business needs.
* Delivers major routing enhancements for complex and highly available enterprise networks.
* Riverbed SD-WAN solution available as a virtual appliance or a comprehensive WAN Edge solution with SD-WAN, application acceleration, visibility and security in a single device.
Riverbed, The Digital Performance Company, today announced significant enhancements and new subscription pricing for its industry leading SD-WAN solution, which is now used by more than 1 000 customers worldwide.
With this latest release, Riverbed is delivering the most powerful and complete WAN Edge solution in the market, integrating advanced SD-WAN functionality with industry-leading application acceleration, security and visibility capabilities all in a single streamlined device.
Riverbed's comprehensive solution enables businesses to experience fast, agile and secure access to all applications across the hybrid IT landscape with greater efficiency and reliability. Today's announcement is the next major step for Riverbed in delivering a next-gen infrastructure that is software-defined and empowers customers everywhere to take full advantage of the cloud and to maximise digital performance.
LinkedIn: Riverbed launches most powerful SD-WAN solution with significant enterprise-class routing enhancements and flexible subscription pricing: https://rvbd.ly/2PXFJNu
"Attune Hearing operates in a highly competitive industry; our ability to innovate quickly and deliver amazing experiences for customers and staff is critical for our business, and Riverbed's next-gen infrastructure solution is the powerhouse enabling us to do it," said Jamie DeLacey, Head of ICT at Attune Hearing. "By combining SD-WAN, application acceleration and visibility capabilities into a single device, we've been able to dramatically simplify operations and eliminate the need for branch routers all together. The visibility we're getting with Riverbed has also been a game-changer. We are able to understand performance, see clearly into how users are actually experiencing apps and services, and diagnose and resolve issues and improve service levels for our staff and customers without needing to fly around the country."
"Organisations across every industry are striving to digitally transform their business in order to stay competitive. Consequently, limitations of legacy networks have become roadblocks to truly fulfilling these digital strategies," said Paul O'Farrell, Senior Vice-President and General Manager of Riverbed's Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit. "By delivering a next-gen architecture with new flexible subscription pricing and enhanced routing capabilities, Riverbed has raised the bar in helping businesses accelerate their digital transformation initiatives and implement a software-defined networking approach for increased agility, greater efficiency and ultimately, better financial results. And now with 1 000 SD-WAN customers worldwide, Riverbed has established itself as a true leader in the SD-WAN market."
With this significant release, Riverbed's SD-WAN solution delivers the following enhancements:
* Enterprise-class routing: Major enhancements to the core routing stack enables support for large and complex enterprise networks where high-availability and advanced interoperability between SD-WAN and legacy networks is crucial.
* Subscription-based pricing: Riverbed is introducing disruptive OpEx friendly, subscription-based pricing for SD-WAN-only and SD-WAN + WAN Optimisation customers. Now customers have added flexibility with a fit-for-purpose and future-proofed solution at every branch location to meet their specific needs.
* In-field upgrades: Existing customers have access to an enhanced in-field upgrade to expand the capabilities of prior investments to include advanced SD-WAN, network security services and industry-leading WAN Optimisation.
* Simple and complete integration: Comprehensive WAN Edge solution combines SD-WAN, application acceleration, visibility and security capabilities into a single device.
Riverbed offers the only WAN Edge solution in the market that provides unified connectivity and policy-based orchestration spanning the entire distributed network, SD-WAN, SD-LAN, data centres and both public and private clouds, with easy-to-use, one-click automated connectivity into Microsoft Azure and AWS. Riverbed SD-WAN provides customers with the flexibility to steer traffic to any network or point of presence (POP) of their choice. The solution also enables zero-touch provisioning, allowing an enterprise to set up a global network and connect to the cloud in minutes. Simplified ongoing network management provides the ability to make network or business/application policy changes with just a few clicks.
Additionally, Riverbed's SD-WAN solution natively and seamlessly integrates with third-party network security vendors, including the Zscaler cloud security platform, to dramatically streamline networking and security, providing the level of agility required for the modern enterprise.
"In a recent spending intentions survey, ESG found that 68% of responding IT organisations reported having a more complex IT environment driven by many factors, higher numbers of remote and mobile users, increase in the number and types of applications accessed and the need to connect to both on-premises and public cloud data centres. This increased complexity makes it difficult for digitally driven organisations to maintain their business agility, and they need to ensure that they are supporting business demands with a modern network infrastructure to enable secure application delivery," said Alex Arcilla, Validation Analyst, at Enterprise Strategy Group.
"The latest SD-WAN release from Riverbed seamlessly addresses these issues of network complexity, delivering both advanced SD-WAN and enterprise-class routing capabilities. This allows organisations to easily define and implement policies as well as automate connectivity across their entire network in order to maximise network agility from the data center to the edge to the cloud."
For more information on Riverbed's industry-leading WAN Edge and SD-WAN solution, visit https://www.riverbed.com/products/steelhead/steelhead-sd-wan.html.
 ESG Master Survey Results, 2018 IT Spending Intentions Survey, December 2017