Johannesburg, 09 Feb 2016
Arbor Networks, the security division of NETSCOUT (NASDAQ: NTCT), was identified once again as the top supplier of distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) mitigation appliances overall, as well as in the carrier, enterprise and mobile market segments, according to a new report from Infonetics Research.
The biannual report details that Arbor not only maintained its significant lead in the market, but grew that leadership position.
According to Infonetics, DDOS prevention appliances are the first line of defence for most service providers and large enterprises around the globe looking to protect themselves from brute-force attacks on network or resource availability.
With the unprecedented number, size and coverage of DDOS attacks since the floodgates opened in 2008, vendors that build DDOS prevention solutions have continued to see a significant increase in demand. Just as important, firms are adopting hybrid solutions and lower-cost hardware to deploy on-premises DDOS mitigation solutions to address the cluster of lower-bandwidth attacks and complement this capital investment by handing off larger attacks to a dedicated cloud provider.
"When there is a demonstrable leader in a market, it is usually difficult for that vendor to protect its share, let alone grow it. Impressively, Arbor has done that here. And Arbor is not resting on its laurels. The introduction of its hybrid cloud services, fully managed services, a refreshed on-premises offering, and the upcoming launch of advanced threat detection and analytics all position Arbor to offer a broader, more robust set of capabilities that address a wide range of network security issues facing both service providers and enterprises around the globe," said IHS Infonetics research director for Cybersecurity Technology, Jeff Wilson.
"We have successfully led this market for more than a decade and, with that long-standing history and deep domain expertise, we have worked tirelessly to stay ahead of the needs of our customers. A good example of this is our ever-expanding DDOS portfolio - we now deliver unmatched scalability, deployment and cost flexibility to meet the needs of any organisation. As the DDOS threat landscape continues to change in scope and complexity, so too do the needs of our customers and partners. They depend on us to innovate; it's something we're proud to be known for and continue to execute on as a team," said Arbor Networks president, Matthew Moynahan. Arbor's portfolio of DDOS protection products and services are designed to meet the multi-dimensional needs of any organisation, from smaller emerging growth companies to the largest enterprise and service provider network operators.
* Cost-effective managed services: Arbor Cloud offers fully-managed hybrid, on-premises and in-cloud DDOS protection services.
Deployment flexibility: From SDN and virtual solutions to embedded security in Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Routers, high-density appliances and a global cloud.
* Scalability: Starting at sub-100Mbps virtual solutions scaling to 160Gbps appliances to 2Tbps in the cloud.
* Protections: From volumetric-only to application-layer and multi-vector attacks to advanced threats; continuously armed with global threat intelligences from ATLAS and ASERT.
* Pricing: Managed services subscriptions, perpetual appliances and virtual licence pools.
South Africa's leading value-added distributor, Networks Unlimited, is the sole distributer of Arbor products in 18 African countries.
* Download the DDOS Prevention Appliances Biannual Worldwide and Regional Market Share and Forecasts: 2nd Edition Report Excerpt
* Watch this video to see how Arbor's expanded DDOS protection portfolio works for all types of businesses and protection needs.