Zensar Technologies enables South Africa's largest online retail store, NetFlorist to enhance customer shopping experience
Zensar Technologies, a leading provider of digital solutions, software and infrastructure services, announced that it has helped South Africa's largest and leading online gift store, NetFlorist provide an unparalleled shopping experience to its customers.
Zensar has been the digital transformation partner to NetFlorist since the last five years, helping it to enhance its existing e-commerce site by bringing in new functionalities that deliver a smooth shopping experience to its customers. Zensar has also streamlined the end-to-end backend logistics processes. Key initiatives included building global country-specific Web sites, microsites, extending the e-commerce Web site to the mobile framework with mobile apps and a mobile-friendly site.
The company has been able to achieve its key objective of providing a pleasurable and smooth shopping experience across both its Web site and mobile site operations.
Sandeep Kishore, CEO and MD, Zensar Technologies, said: "In our five-year partnership with NetFlorist, Zensar has helped them expand into new markets leading them to have a distinct global competitive market position. We have been able to propel their business to new heights, with our expertise in providing outcome-based e-commerce solutions and digital expertise in the area of mobility. NetFlorist's success in the crowded e-tail B2C space, driven by digital transformation clearly outlines our vision to help global enterprises achieve visible business outcomes."
According to Ryan Bacher, Managing Director, NetFlorist: "The success of NetFlorist as one of the leading online e-commerce Web sites in South Africa is largely due to the technology-led innovations introduced from our engagement with the Zensar team. From helping build a smarter shopping cart management tool, to leveraging the mobility space and build sustainable new business models; we have seen our business grow profitably after Zensar partnered us through our digital transformation roadmap. We are delighted to have them partner us is our ambition to provide superior customer shopping experience across all touchpoints."
Harish Lala, Regional Head - Africa and Middle East said: "Partnering NetFlorist in its digital journey, has helped us showcase our expertise in the market leading mobile apps area as well as e-commerce capabilities in the region. We are delighted to have helped NetFlorist become a digitally empowered ecommerce business, making it one of the top leading online Web sites in the country. Addressing their challenges with innovative solutions across customised mobile apps, customer-friendly Web sites and smooth delivery operations is in line with our efforts to make African businesses leverage global opportunities."
In the five-year engagement period, the Zensar team has initiated multiple company-wide digital transformational platforms resulting in key outcomes as follows:
* Building new global Web sites for expanding the business reach to multiple countries like Singapore, Malaysia and UK.
* Creating new business lines with microsites for sub-brands for jewellery and perfume brands to increase customer base and offer more variety.
* Building the E-commerce site to enable mobile commerce with creation of a mobile site and mobile apps - this has resulted in an increase of 32% site traffic. Mobile traffic contributes to about 22% of total traffic in NetFlorist.
* Creation of shopping-cart management functionality to ensure smooth order checkout process and reduction in drop baskets. The shopping cart functionality has helped NetFlorist increase its site conversion by 10% and 30% increase in the number of transactions in FY 2014-15.
* Creation of a functionality to convert dropped baskets via e-mail reminders with assigned promotional discounts.
* Introduction of a product recommendation engine to create upsell/cross sell opportunities for NetFlorist products on its product page to increase its page conversion.
* Supply chain improvements: through front-end enhancements on customer facing applications such as city restrictions and fields to capture category of delivery which helps prevent order cancellations as well as streamline the delivery process of shipments and also developed a back-end order fulfilment application along with best practices processed to fulfil order in a shortest possible time without any hassle. Since implementation, NetFlorist has seen a reduction of refund rate by approximately 13%.