OpenText transforms BPM with new Smart Process Applications
OpenText Corporation, the pre-eminent provider of enterprise information Mmanagement (ECM) software, today unveiled OpenText Smart Process Applications designed to accelerate an organisation's ability to deliver quick wins from their Business Process Management Suite (BPMS) investments. OpenText Smart Process Applications integrate industry-leading OpenText BPM solutions with key OpenText EIM products to deliver unmatched capabilities for organisations to better manage their process-based operations and enterprise information.
"What business needs now is a new generation of flexible, adaptable applications that can address the messy and unpredictable processes and collaborative activities that are central to any business," comments Andrew Bartels, vice-president, principal analyst at Forrester Research. "Business executives want what we call 'smart process applications', a new generation of packaged applications that are being created specifically for those collaborative business activities."1 Forrester Research has forecasted the combined market for these products will grow to $34 billion by 2015.
"Responding to the shift in market demands and delivering upon our EIM strategy, OpenText has elevated Smart Process Applications to the next level," added OpenText CEO Mark J Barrenechea. "By providing business users with ready-to-use building blocks that include process models, application logic, persona-based user experiences, and case configurations, we are helping our customers remain agile to keep pace with ever-changing customer expectations."
Offering the market's first integrated Smart Process Applications from a single vendor, OpenText continues to deliver stronger solutions based upon its OpenText EIM portfolio and vision. These Smart Process Applications draw upon the foundation of OpenText's leading process and case management solutions (business process management) integrated with industry leading strengths of products including: Content Server (enterprise content management), Capture Center (information discovery), StreamServe (customer experience management) and more. In addition, OpenText Smart Process Applications support the most common horizontal and vertical processes critical to business and can be up and running in as little as 30 days.
OpenText Smart Process Applications include:
* Assure for Customer Service, which provides prescriptive response paths, intuitive self-service offerings, automated correspondence, performance reporting, multi-system data integration, change management and case load reduction capabilities aimed at delivering exceptional customer service and interactions.
* Assure for Human Resources that offers support for common practices, such as recruitment and on-boarding, using an adaptable, flexible platform that delivers personalised self-services to employees. It also improves the consistency and response time to requests, eliminates paper-based files and processes, and improves visibility to operations and service level metrics.
* Client Management for Insurance, which delivers a consolidated 360-degree view of client interactions, cases, processes, content and correspondence across the core back-office and customer service operations of insurance companies, including information and interactions of all customers, intermediaries (eg, brokers and agents), and internal customer/policy facing stakeholders.
"OpenText provided us with a core capability that could keep pace with our company's strategy and growth objectives. We now have the tools to streamline our business operations and provide our employees with a 360-degree view of our customers' experience across our operations department," continued Graeme Turner, chief strategy, projects and technology officer at AIA Australia. "We look forward to working with OpenText to expand the solution to our future strategic initiatives and will continue to dedicate our resources to improving our services to our customers." AIA Group and its subsidiaries comprise the largest independent publicly-listed pan-Asian life insurance group in the world, with a broad footprint spanning 15 markets in Asia Pacific. AIA Australia provides life insurance coverage to over two million Australians.
PSCU, a leading provider of traditional and online financial services to credit unions, is using OpenText Assure to enhance customer service and maximise productivity. "OpenText has enabled us to roll-out new process-based services in 25% of the time, reduce our work queues by 30%, and save over $300 000," concluded Daniel Rosen, director of the Center for Process Excellence, PSCU.
Showcasing the latest social and mobile capabilities, as well as analytics, dynamic case management, and self-service portals, OpenText Smart Process Applications provide the following benefits:
* Accelerated value. OpenText's out-of-the-box, process-specific building blocks enable organisations to design and deliver successful applications in as little as 30 days, delivering the quick wins that are critical to our customers and their time-to-market objectives.
* Better visibility that gives insight into and across siloed applications and information, providing managers and executives with a comprehensive, real-time, and historical overview of structured and unstructured process operations.
* Cost-effective agility, which allows organisations to innovate and keep up with the rapid pace of change their employees, partners, and customers desire. The agile, business-friendly nature of the process-based applications reduces a line of business' reliance on IT for often costly and time-consuming changes.
For further information, please contact Lenore Kerrigan: tel +27 11 575-4666, fax +27 11 576-6000, e-mail email@example.com.