SUSE boosts teaching of open source software
SUSE is offering open source software training for students around the globe through its new SUSE Academic Programme.
The open source software company is sharing no- or low-cost software, its training curriculum, tools and support to help academic and other organisations teach and develop open source software with their students.
The curriculum includes courses for SUSE Linux Certified Administrator, among others.
Though the SUSE Academic Programme, qualifying academic institutions get access to SUSE technology, training materials and customised offerings with no participation fee or minimum order requirement, says Matthew Lee, regional manager for SUSE Africa.
The SUSE Academic Programme provides the following benefits to participating organisations:
- Training materials for certified Linux and other courses for trainers and students.
- Campus use of training materials for teaching students.
- Purchase of SUSE products with special pricing, terms and conditions.
- Access to SUSE tools and products for lab environments, software development or other education settings.
- Access to the SUSE knowledge base, forums and support.
For more about the SUSE Academic Programme, visit www.suse.com/academic.