McAfee takes top honours in data protection category for its ability to thwart cyber security attacks and remain one step ahead of hackers
McAfee MVISION Cloud took top honours in the 2020 Fortress Cyber Security Awards in the data protection category for its cloud access security broker (CASB) technology. The industry awards programme seeks to highlight, discuss and reward the creative thinking, engineering, people and projects that are taking proactive steps to thwart cyber security attacks.
“McAfee is focused on helping its customers protect their data and defend against threats both on devices and in the cloud,” said Rajiv Gupta, senior vice-president of cloud security at McAfee. “We exist to serve our customers and provide them with a frictionless way to accelerate their move to the cloud. This kind of recognition reinvigorates our commitment to innovate and ensure that the MVISION platform continues to address customer needs and lead the industry.”
McAfee MVISION Cloud protects data, defends against threats, reduces risk and enables governance across cloud environments, including infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and software as a service (SaaS), as well as managed and unmanaged devices, networks and on-premises environments. With its pioneering CASB technology, McAfee MVISION Cloud aims to transform the way IT security is deployed and managed. This integrated security solution protects data in the cloud, in data centres, at endpoints and in transit.
“We are proud to name McAfee MVISION Cloud as a winner in the 2020 Fortress Cyber Security Awards programme,” said Maria Jimenez, chief nominations officer, Business Intelligence Group. “As our society continues to evolve and become more reliant on networks and data, companies like McAfee are critical at providing the protection and the trust their customers demand.”
McAfee MVISION Cloud enhances sensitive data detection, collaboration controls, threat protection and activity monitoring capabilities in Microsoft Teams. McAfee now supports encryption enhancements in Microsoft Teams, including encrypted Web hooks and encrypted payloads.
This enables organisations to improve productivity of their employees by letting them use Teams as a collaboration platform, participate in conversations and calls and upload and share documents while ensuring customer data remains secure with encryption when evaluated by McAfee MVISION Cloud. By staying abreast of the enhancements in Teams, McAfee MVISION Cloud remains one of the only Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) that is Certified for Microsoft Teams.
Working from home has become a new reality for many as more and more companies are requesting that their staff work remotely. Teams, the hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365, integrates the people, content and tools employees need to be more engaged and effective.
Microsoft has seen an unprecedented spike in Teams usage with more than 44 million daily users – a figure that has grown by 12 million in just seven days. Those users generate over 900 million meeting and calling minutes on Teams each day as employees work from home. Employers must not only educate their employees on digital security best practices, but also give them the tools to combat online threats that may stem from remote work.
“Effective collaboration allows organisations to accelerate business. However, it is critical to have the right guardrails in place to protect from accidental data leakage or misuse,” said Gupta.
“McAfee MVISION Cloud provides these capabilities for Microsoft Teams, assuring that only the right data is shared with the appropriate internal and external parties. This helps protect corporate data and intellectual property, and meet governance, risk and compliance policies thus enabling effective and safe collaboration.”
McAfee MVISION Cloud for Teams leverages McAfee’s CASB technology in a single, unified platform-offering a frictionless, cloud-native solution for organisations to consistently protect their data and defend against threats in the cloud. MVISION Cloud for Teams also provides:
- Modern data security. Extends existing DLP policies to messages and files in all types of Teams channels, enforcing policies based on keywords, fingerprints, data identifiers, regular expressions and match highlighting for content and metadata.
- Collaboration control. Restricts messages or files posted in channels to specific users, including blocking the sharing of data to any external location.
- Comprehensive remediation. Enables auditing of regulated data uploaded to Teams and remediates policy violations by coaching users, notifying administrators, quarantining, tombstoning, restoring and deleting user actions. End-users can autonomously correct their actions thereby reducing the burden on IT security teams.
- Threat prevention. Empowers organisations to detect and prevent anomalous behaviour indicative of insider threats and compromised accounts; captures a complete record of all user activity in Teams and leverages machine learning to analyse activity across multiple heuristics to accurately detect threats.
- Forensic investigations. Provides rich capabilities for forensics and investigations, including an auto-generated, detailed audit trail of all user activity.
Please click to view the MVISION Cloud Microsoft Teams data sheet.