Another industry award for Arbor
Arbor Software, represented in South Africa by the IBD Group, has been named an Editor`s Choice winner in Software Magazine`s 1998 Software 500 survey. Arbor was named winner in the Decision Support category in the June issue of Software Magazine, which is also devoted to the annual Software 500 ranking of the world`s largest software vendors.
The Software 500 issue highlights Arbor`s significant accomplishments during fiscal 1998 (ended March 31). These accomplishments include record sales and profits for the year, continued leadership and innovation in enterprise-class analytic applications through the delivery of Arbor Essbase OLAP Server 5, and the availability of IBM DB2 OLAP Server, which integrates the Arbor Essbase OLAP engine with IBM DB2.
The June issue features a column by Patrick Porter, editor-in-chief of Software Magazine, describing Arbor`s selection for the Editor`s Choice award. The column identifies Arbor as the "market-share leader" and also states that "Arbor is hands-down the best OLAP provider in the business when it comes to enterprise-class solutions".
The issue also references Arbor Essbase 5 as a significant achievement for Arbor during the year. Arbor Essbase 5 provides a strategic platform for enterprise OLAP by delivering industry breakthroughs in scalability, performance, distributed architecture and OLAP application integration.
According to the column, the enterprise-class capabilities in Arbor Essbase 5 deliver "a quantum leap in scalability".
Software Magazine 1998 Editor`s Choice Winners
Arbor is one of 12 companies to win the Editor`s Choice award for 1998. This year`s winners include:
- Decision Support: Arbor Software;
- Application Management - BMC Software;
- CAD/Engineering - Parametric Technology;
- E-Business - Sterling Commerce;
- Enterprise Applications - SAP AG;
- Network Computing - Citrix Systems;
- Customer Management/Sales Force Automation - Siebel Systems;
- Security - Axent Technologies;
- Supply Chain - i2 Technologies;
- Software Development - Borland International;
- Software Testing - Mercury Interactive and
- Systems/Network Management - Computer Associates.