Fortinet again named a leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, recognised for the 12th time
FortiGate delivers enterprise-class security, prevents ransomware, delivers hyperscale and enables work-from-anywhere with built-in ZTNA and SD-WAN capabilities.
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet:
“Fortinet’s security-driven networking innovations continue to set us apart from the competition. FortiGate next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) are designed to deliver advanced security and threat protection, while also enabling the network to scale and change without compromising security operations. We believe that our recognition again as a leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls is a testament to our ability to deliver industry-first innovations, such as built-in secure SD-WAN and ZTNA capabilities, that enable customers to adapt to changing business requirements such as supporting remote and hybrid work.”
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cyber security solutions, today announced it has been named a leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, marking the 12th time Fortinet has been recognised in this Magic Quadrant.
Powered by Fortinet’s custom-built SPUs, FortiGate next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) deliver industry-leading enterprise security to protect any edge at scale for customers around the globe. As part of Fortinet’s unique security-driven networking approach, which deeply integrates an organisation’s network infrastructure and security architecture, the FortiGate NGFW is the only cyber security solution on the market that provides natively integrated Secure SD-WAN and ZTNA capabilities without requiring additional licensing to improve security, reduce costs and complexity, and simplify network operations.
Fortinet believes its placement as a leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls is a result of FortiGate’s ability to deliver:
- Broad protection – The digital attack surface has continued to expand and organisations are facing growing cyber threats. The latest FortiGuard Labs Global Threat Landscape Report reported a tenfold year-over-year increase in ransomware attacks. With artificial intelligence and machine learning-enhanced FortiGuard Security Services, the FortiGate NGFW enables large enterprises to manage internal and external threats, prevent ransomware attacks and avoid business disruptions to protect hybrid and hyperscale architectures with co-ordinated, automatically shared threat intelligence of AI/ML-powered FortiGuard services.
- Consolidation – IT teams struggle to keep pace with the volume and sophistication of cyber threats as the threat landscape expands and organisations continue to introduce new digital innovations. To reduce product sprawl and simplify operations, FortiGate consolidates essential services like IPS, anti-malware, and web and video filtering capabilities with networking functionality such as SD-WAN to achieve the industry’s best total cost of ownership.
- Automation – Network and security leaders continue to face challenges as a result of the growing cyber security skills gap. The FortiGate NGFW, managed through Fortinet's Fabric Management Center, helps address these challenges by providing a centralised single pane of glass management capabilities and integration with 400+ ecosystem partners to simplify operations, co-ordinate workflows and deliver consistent policy enforcement across the hybrid network managed via on-premises or from the cloud.
- Work from anywhere – As businesses rapidly transition to the work from anywhere model, security must be top of mind. FortiGate natively enables both Zero Trust Network Access Proxy and SD-WAN without additional licences, allowing users to access applications and resources from anywhere, at any time, with constant authentication, while building effective compliance and security controls.
Enterprise customers continue to rely on FortiGate NGFWs
In addition to being a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, Fortinet was also named a 2021 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Network Firewalls for the second year in a row. Fortinet believes that this customer validation further emphasises Fortinet’s ability to deliver advanced security to customers across any edge, at scale.
Fortinet was also recognised as a leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure, placing highest in the leaders' quadrant for its ability to execute for Fortinet Secure SD-WAN, which is delivered on the same product – the FortiGate next-generation firewall.
- Download the full report here and read the blog to learn more.
- Watch how Fortinet makes possible a digital world you can always trust, and view how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organisation’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organisations.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), or about the Fortinet Network Security Expert program, Security Academy program, and Veterans program.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research or Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks. Read more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard security services portfolio.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on YouTube.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the US and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, By Rajpreet Kaur, Jeremy D'Hoinne, Nat Smith, Adam Hils, 1 November 2021