Weco implements Laserfiche
Noscotek, the distributor for the Laserfiche suite of products for sub-Saharan Africa, had the opportunity to speak with Carl Joubert from Weco, which is a leading rock, drilling equipment repairer, parts manufacturer and supplier to the mining industry, about its implementation of Laserfiche and what benefits it has garnered from the use of the product suite.
- In which departments has Weco implemented Laserfiche and which processes have been implemented?
- Weco has implemented a form of Laserfiche in basically all departments. From Drifter Shop to production to sales to metrology to OHS and ISO. We are continuously looking at where we can plug in Laserfiche for all activities we do at Weco.
- If applicable, would you be able to share some comparative statistics based on current and historic data?
- We are currently verifying time studies; we have recently implemented a form to automate the population of job cards and have saved 20-35 minutes per job.
- Based on the quotations live in Laserfiche: If we didn’t have Laserfiche, we would have had to print 25 pages per job card, it would have taken us more than 12 days to generate a quote, take the drifter apart, sandblast it and service it. With Laserfiche implemented, it now takes us a maximum of seven days for this whole process.
- What benefits has Laserfiche brought to Weco?
- We are able to now look at historical data of machines we have repaired and are able to analyse trends of machine failures. This info helps the teams determine reasons for failures.
- What was the deciding factor in choosing Laserfiche as your ECM platform?
- When we started seeing the potential about two years back of how flexible the software is and how we can create forms and processes to improve productivity and interaction with employees and information sharing.
- What was the reason your company decided to start your Digital transformation journey?
- Weco is always looking at innovative ways of doing things differently, ways of improving employee and customer experiences and looking at improving productivity and ease of performing tasks.