DCC expands backup, security software business with Acronis distribution
Drive Control Corporation (DCC) has been appointed an official South African distributor of Acronis, a global leader in the provision of data protection and storage solutions.
Effective immediately, DCC will be distributing Acronis product range to the local reseller channel, which is optimised for data protection through the company's backup, ransomware, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions.
Comments Fred Mitchell, software division manager at DCC: "South African companies are faced with growing volumes of data, coupled with increased dependency on digital business processes. This in turn increases the threat of disaster and cyber crime, which is why data backup and protection are critical in today's modern IT environment.
"Our partnership with Acronis also falls in line with DCC's focus on offering a comprehensive security software offering that readily safeguards companies' information environments."
"We are happy to announce our partnership with DCC, as they are highly focused on providing high end solutions to a broad market. DCC has an excellent network of system integrators, VARs and OEMs that can now leverage the full benefits of the Acronis product portfolio. This partnership enables companies of any size to strengthen their data protection strategies in different environments with functionalities like efficient backup and restore, disaster recovery and Ransomware protection," says Jan-Jaap Jager, Chief Revenue Officer at Acronis.
Key to the distributor agreement is the Acronis Backup 12.5 Edition offering, a centralised solution that enforces best practices over distributed and large environments. It allows users to store backups in over 14 Acronis Cloud data centres around the world, as well as in Amazon, Azure and other private clouds.
Acronis Backup 12.5 Edition also offers:
* Unified Web interface for the entire infrastructure;
* Admin roles and delegations for distributed infrastructures;
* Support for six hypervisors to provide migration platform options;
* Bare-metal recovery automation and remote boot media control to reduce RTO of remote site recovery;
* SAN storage snapshots to reduce hypervisor resource utilisation;
* Oracle backup and granular recovery;
* Advanced tape support for increased granularity and simplified management;
* Advanced reporting for detailed insights and corporate compliance;
* Disaster recovery capability for emergency data recovery locally and in the cloud; and
* Backup validation process ensures recoverability.
Founded in 2003 and with 100 patents, Acronis protects the data of over five million consumers and 500 000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.