CommVault named leader in 2012 Magic Quadrant for enterprise backup, recovery software
CommVault recognised for ability to execute and completeness of vision.
* CommVault has been positioned in the “leaders'” quadrant of Gartner's report: “Magic Quadrant: Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software”, which was published 11 June 2012.
* CommVault believes this reinforces its vision that the future of storage is shifting toward unified management as customers grapple with emerging challenges created by big data, virtualisation and the increasing need for instant data access for the mobile workforce as organisations strive to cost-effectively extract data for timelier, more informed decision-making.
* Gartner states that “by 2016, one-third of organisations will change backup vendors due to frustration over cost, complexity and/or capability”, and “by 2015, at least 25% of large enterprises will have given up on conventional backup/recovery software, and will employ snapshot and replication techniques instead.”
* Gartner also states that “organisations are increasingly making their backup product selection from vendors that offer expanded protection capabilities and techniques, in addition to traditional tape-based backup software”.
* CommVault anticipated these customer needs and has built capabilities into its Simpana software platform that enable customers to extend the value of existing hardware investments through industry leading integration and innovation. Specifically, CommVault's SnapProtect technology provides hardware snapshot management without custom scripting or solutions, and the new Simpana OnePass feature is the industry's first converged process for backup, archive and reporting from a single data collection and common infrastructure.
Simpana software transcends traditional backup
* Traditional data backup methods are being replaced as customers demand better ways to protect, manage and access data in order to derive greater value from information. CommVault remains focused on outpacing the industry in innovation and delivering solutions that meet and exceed the ever-increasing data protection and information management requirements of our customers and partners.
* Simpana software is a single, unique platform, built from the ground up for organically integrated data and information management.
* With functions like backup and recovery, deduplication, replication, virtualisation and cloud, archive, indexing and search, Simpana software manages data across the enterprise - from data centres to the edge, and in the cloud. As a result of these innovations and Simpana software's Solving Forward architecture, CommVault customers can slash the cost of protecting, managing, analysing and recovering data by up to 50%.
* Simpana software ensures that data is managed with unparalleled efficiency and can be effortlessly found and accessed by all users for recovery, reporting, eDiscovery, compliance and data mining.
* N Robert Hammer, Chairman, President and CEO, CommVault
“We believe being recognised as a leader by Gartner confirms our unique single platform approach to delivering innovative solutions that not only solves our customers' data and information management needs today, but prepares them for the challenges of tomorrow. As the industry continues to transform, we will remain true to our 'Solving Forward' philosophy, which enables CommVault to stay out in front and anticipate emerging data and information management demands.”
* Rick Haverty, Director of Infrastructure, University of Rochester Medical Center
“The fact that CommVault has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup and Recovery software further confirms our selection of Simpana 9 as the right fit for University of Rochester Medical Center. CommVault's rich functionality and tight integration with leading technologies has helped us simplify our data management processes so we can have faith in our backups and focus on innovation. We strive for excellence and are in a better position today because of CommVault.”
* Tommy Mitchell, Group Technical Director for the NVT Group
"CommVault has always been extremely focused regarding its product roadmap for Simpana and they also work very well with the channel to get them bought in to this vision. Seeing CommVault in a leadership position in the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software now provides the ultimate recognition of these efforts and technological achievements. The big data debate continues to gather speed and modernising data management remains high on the business agenda for our customers. We look forward to discussing with CommVault, with total confidence, why Simpana has been validated as the best-of-breed technology to deploy.”