Riverbed launches new innovative channel partner programme
New Riverbed Rise recognises and rewards partner performance across all partner types, business models and end-customer consumption preferences.
* New Riverbed Rise recognises and rewards partner performance across all partner types, business models and end-customer consumption preferences.
* Industry veteran Bridget Bisnette joins Riverbed to lead Global Channels and Commercial Sales.
Riverbed today announced the launch of Riverbed Rise, a new channel partner programme that aligns with the changing IT landscape and how partners are evolving to solve their customers' technology needs.
With the new programme, Riverbed is moving away from a traditional, compliance-based programme with rewards tied to certifications and revenue that needed heavy upfront and ongoing investment by partners to maintain compliance and tier status, and shifting to a new performance-based programme that is designed to reward all types of partners, business models and various customer technology consumption preferences.
The changes to the Riverbed partner programme are aligned to Riverbed's new sales strategy, works more closely with partners to acquire new customers, and drive account penetration with new technologies and flexible consumption models. To support this new sales strategy, Riverbed will work with partners to focus on Riverbed's new and existing enterprise and public sector sales accounts.
"In receiving a preview of Riverbed Rise, I was very pleased to see that Riverbed is taking a more simplified and flexible approach to support how my business is changing and how it will continue to evolve in the coming year and beyond," said Bernard Westwood, VP of Technology Operations at BlueAlly Technology Solutions Group. "I welcome the changes and look forward to seeing immediate and mutually profitable results in partnership with Riverbed."
Read whitepaper: Riverbed Rise, A New Partner Program for a New World
To lead these changes, Riverbed recently welcomed Bridget Bisnette as Vice-President, Global Channels and Commercial Sales. Bisnette is responsible for global channel strategy and synchronising Riverbed's efforts through the channel, managing the partner programme, focusing on enablement to drive partner productivity and integrating them into the commercial sales motions.
For over 30 years, Bisnette has held a wide range of global roles in the IT industry, at companies such as Cisco Systems, Standard Micro Systems, and AST Computers. At Cisco Systems, she held leadership roles in areas such as enterprise vertical partnerships, commercial alliances, channel marketing programmes and channel certification.
"I am pleased to join Riverbed at such an exciting time in the industry and in the history of the company. It's been a very exciting six months as we solidified the commercial expansion and evolved Riverbed's channel strategy and partner experience," said Bridget Bisnette, Vice-President, Global Channels and Commercial Sales at Riverbed. "The transformation in the IT industry is being affected by changing customer expectations. Business models, sales processes and certification models, among many other things, are being impacted. This is going to be a very good thing for our industry because it shifts the focus to customer success and customer lifetime value. With the launch of Riverbed Rise and other key enhancements to our partner experience, Riverbed is poised to lead this change and deliver mutual success with partners."
Bisnette and the Riverbed channel organisation has focused on delivering a new partner experience in 2018 with the launch of Riverbed Rise, which includes the new programme, a new partner portal, more robust marketing tools with dedicated partner social channels, revamped programs and simplified discounting schedules.
Riverbed Rise is built on simplicity, flexibility and profitability for partners. It simplifies how partners achieve and continue to maintain their status. The programme uniquely adapts to multiple business models and partners' needs. More importantly, it rewards achievement across key strategic activities and joint sales priorities. Partners began earning benefits effective 2 January, and will remain at their current programme level until the end of July, with the full implementation of Riverbed Rise beginning in August.
"The new ways in which IT is consumed by end-customers is reshaping the economics of the IT sector, and Riverbed has responded with a head-on, partner-focused approach," said Kevin Rhone, director, Channel Acceleration, at ESG. "Riverbed Rise will help forward-looking partners meet these challenges, give them a flexible path to grow their business and become stronger both operationally and financially."
This year, Riverbed partners will convene at the Riverbed Partner Summit in Huntington Beach, California beginning 30 April 2018, to discuss opportunities to drive more business and accelerate customer success in a cloud and digital world.
Riverbed delivers solutions for cloud, digital world
Riverbed is delivering solutions to help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking, and improve end-user experience, allowing enterprises' digital transformation initiatives to reach their full potential. Riverbed's integrated platform delivers the agility, visibility, and performance businesses need to be successful in a cloud and digital world. By leveraging Riverbed's solutions, organisations can deliver apps, data, and services from any public, private, or hybrid cloud across any network to any end-point.
* Riverbed SteelConnect is an SD-WAN (software-defined WAN) solution that provides unified connectivity and policy-based orchestration spanning the entire network - LAN/WLAN (including cloud-based Riverbed Xirrus Wi-Fi), WAN, data centre and the cloud, with one-click connectivity and optimisation into Microsoft Azure and AWS, managed centrally from a cloud console.
* Riverbed SteelCentral is a complete performance management platform and control suite that uniquely provides unified visibility spanning all aspects of user experience, application, and network performance.
* Riverbed SteelHead is the industry's leading solution for accelerated delivery of applications across the hybrid WAN, speeds the performance of cloud applications by overcoming the combined challenges of bandwidth limitations and latency on the WAN. This improves the experience for end-users - regardless of their location.
* Riverbed SteelFusion is the first and only branch and remote office infrastructure solution designed to enable a software-defined edge and centralising 100% of branch data and services into data centres and the cloud without compromising local performance or availability for workers at the edge.