SAP Business One 9.1 highlights
In May 2014, representatives of Bluekey Software Solutions joined delegates from EMEA at the SAP Business One Innovation Summit 2014 in Bratislava, Slovakia. This summit offered SAP Business One partner executives, sales and marketing executes, pre-sales resources, implementation consultants, and developers an opportunity to learn about the latest SAP innovations around SAP Business One (SAP's core offering for the SME ERP space), giving them insight into the latest SAP technologies.
Complementing the technical insights, SAP experts from around the world were available for knowledge-share and to provide first-hand practical assistance to partners.
Andre Adendorff, director at Bluekey Software Solutions, was present at the SAP Business One Summit and had the following to say: "With research and development (R&D) being a key focus for SAP, the Innovation Summit provided the perfect platform for SAP Business One partners to catch up on the latest SAP and SAP Business One product developments and innovations. Some of the main topics that were covered during the summit included the latest planned release of SAP Business One (SAP Business One 9.1), the SAP Business One Product Roadmap, SAP HANA for SAP Business One, as well as SAP Business One in the cloud."
Bluekey has been a early adopter of HANA for SAP Business One, having already completed multiple projects for new customers and conversions for existing customers - which have seen the benefits of BI and ERP in a single in-memory database.
SAP's strategy also has a clear message to its customer and partner base: technology is the competitive equaliser for SMEs:
* Sixty-four percent of SMEs see transformation as a necessity to stay ahead of competition;
* Sixty percent of SME executives believe technology is a key differentiator; and
* More than 1/3 of SMEs view the act of creating a culture of innovation as a top strategic priority in driving growth.
Surveys show that within the next three years, SMEs will significantly increase the use of:
* Business analytics by 35%;
* Business management software by 29%;
* Mobile by 25%;
* Social media by 21%; and
* Cloud computing by 19%.
SAP is also building out technologies for SMEs with the message that 'they can do anything':
* Clear. Present a consistent message that communicates SAP's growth and leadership across all markets.
* Approachable. Overcome perception that SAP is complex and only for large enterprises.
* Insightful. Help customers understand SAP's latest enhancements.
* Optimistic. Look ahead with a positive attitude - innovating for a better-run world.
The SAP brand also increased to number 19 in BrandZ's Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands. Interbrand's 100 Best Global Brands ranks SAP at number 25.
During the aforementioned topic discussions, there was a substantial focus placed on the upcoming release of SAP Business One 9.1. The latest release of SAP Business One includes improvements in business logic and localisation, reporting and analytics, life cycle management and support, extensibility, infrastructure and SAP Business One version for SAP HANA. For full details on the planned SAP Business One 9.1 release, please visit the SAP Business One 9.1 Web page.