Clarifying ‘next-generation’ security as Networks Unlimited Africa offers holistic solution suite
An effective IT security system involves using the latest technology as well as cloud-based big data analytics to understand and predict threats.
In order to combat the rising sophistication of security threats, a holistic approach to the different aspects of next-generation security remains critical for today’s business. This is according to Stefan van de Giessen, general manager: cybersecurity at value-added distributor Networks Unlimited Africa.
The term ‘next-generation’ describes products that have been developed using the latest technology, and that are set to replace existing products. For example, next-generation firewalls typically feature advanced functions, including application awareness, integrated intrusion prevention systems (IPS), enterprise firewall capabilities, identity awareness and the ability to use external intelligence sources.
Van de Giessen explains: “An effective IT security ecosystem involves the consolidation of tools, and intelligence and analytics should feature strongly in the technology deployed to protect the network. Cloud-based big data analytics needs to be used to analyse, understand and predict threats.
“It is also important to be aware of threats that may be lurking inside the network, as threat actors today are capable of remaining undetected within a network for extended periods of time before deploying their weapons of both system-compromise and/or intelligence theft. This gives rise to the need for a tool that provides visibility and is able to control the network after a breach, but is also capable of taking preventative measures in the first place.”
Therefore, says Van de Giessen, it’s critical for organisations to have a systematic and holistic security position. He notes that the vendor partners represented in the Networks Unlimited Africa security suite are chosen for their unique and complementary solutions. They include:
- Attivo Networks, a leader in deception for cybersecurity threat detection.
- Cofense, which provides intelligent phishing defence solutions that empower employees to be aware of phishing threats and report them, after which best-in-class incident response technologies are triggered to stop attacks faster and stay ahead of breaches.
- Carbon Black, which offers next-generation endpoint security solutions to help customers detect, prevent and respond to the most advanced cyber attacks, critical in today’s world of mobile devices and the Internet of Things.
- Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions.
- RSA, which offers consulting and technology solutions that empower firms by providing a holistic view of cybersecurity needs, to reduce risk and rapidly respond to incidents.
- Thales, which makes data safe in any environment, offering encryption of structured and unstructured data, at rest or in motion, and providing an organisation with the tools it needs to protect and manage its data, as well as meet the requirements of regulatory compliance.
“Next-generation security solutions offered by Networks Unlimited Africa include perimeter protection; antivirus and endpoint detection and response; deception; and data protection. Our passion for innovation, technology, people and business drives us to embrace the frontiers of new technology, and our partners are continuously updated to include the very latest thinking and best-of-breed offerings and solutions,” concludes Van de Giessen.
Networks Unlimited Africa
Networks Unlimited Africa is a value-added distributor, offering cutting edge solutions from the network edge to the Datacentre, and addresses key areas such as cybersecurity, Hybrid cloud, datacentre and infrastructure, networking and integration, SD-WAN solutions, network performance management and application performance management, application delivery networking and load balancing, data centre in-a-box, and data management and backup solutions. Most of our solutions are highly regarded by Gartner and will be found on their respective magic quadrants. The company distributes best-of-breed products, including Attivo Networks, Cofense, Carbon Black, Fortinet, F5, Hypergrid, Mellanox Technologies, NETSCOUT, ProLabs, RSA, Rubrik, SevOne, Silver Peak, Thales, Tintri and Uplogix.
Since its formation in 1994, Networks Unlimited Africa evolved to become one of the very few true, value-added distribution companies in Africa. NU has continuously adapted to today’s increasingly competitive environment to provide product solutions that offer best and latest solutions for companies across Africa, through our extensive partner network covering over 38 countries in Africa.