CommVault announces application-aware support for SQL Server 2012
CommVault Simpana 9 Software provides fully integrated data and information management for Microsoft's SQL Server 2012 data platform.
CommVault today announced that its Simpana 9 data and information management software platform is fully compatible with Microsoft's newly released SQL Server 2012 Data platform, with support for SQL Server's advanced high availability and disaster recovery solutions across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
CommVault's Solving Forward philosophy delivers a single software platform that protects data and applications from the back-office to the end-point device to increase efficiency, cut costs and reduce risk.
SQL Server 2012 is a comprehensive database platform offering a complete set of enterprise-ready technologies and tools that help organisations derive business value from data and information at the lowest total cost of ownership. Simpana software's integration with SQL Server gives customers the highest levels of performance, availability, and security through integrated data management, protection and retention to eliminate risk, reduce costs and increase efficiency.
* CommVault Simpana software enables customers to quickly back-up, recover, replicate and manage SQL Server data without the cost and complexity of managing disparate products or tools.
* Simpana SnapProtect snapshot management technology tightly integrates SQL Server 2012 with array-based snapshots to deliver application consistent recovery copies across physical or virtual environments with seamless back-up to cost-effective storage for long-term retention. Centralised management and reporting from a single console reduces complexity while automated scheduling and discovery of SQL instances enables scalable protection.
* Simpana software also supports SQL Server 2012's “AlwaysOn” technology, Microsoft's new high availability and disaster recovery solution that provides redundancy within and across data centres to help enable fast application failover during planned and unplanned downtime.
* Recognised as 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year, CommVault is committed to helping joint customers better manage data in the full range of Microsoft environments, including Microsoft File Servers, SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V virtualisation - both on-premises and in the Windows Azure cloud.
* CommVault will be demonstrating its Simpana 9 Singular Data and Information Management solution at Microsoft TechEd North America 2012, 11-14 June 2012, in booth #319 at the Orange County Convention Centre, Orlando, Florida.
* Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist for Windows Products, CommVault
“CommVault's strategic alliance with Microsoft continues to evolve and expand as both companies work closely to meet and exceed the data and information management needs of our customers. CommVault customers can deploy SQL Server 2012 with confidence knowing that Simpana 9 provides fully integrated data protection and advanced information management in SQL Server environments right out of the gate.”
* Bob Baker, Director Partner, SQL Server Channel Marketing, Microsoft
“CommVault has a longstanding history of collaboration with Microsoft and continues to help customers increase the business and technical value of their data solutions. We are excited that our joint customers can benefit from the new features of SQL Server 2012 with CommVault's tools.”