Cloudera introduces new business units to accelerate innovation, leadership in machine learning, analytics, cloud
Cloudera (NYSE: CLDR), the modern platform for machine learning and analytics, optimised for the cloud, announced the formation of three business units that will focus on the company's core machine learning, analytics and cloud initiatives. The additional organisational structure and resources will increase innovation and accelerate the company's offerings, further empowering Cloudera's customers to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights.
To lead the business units and accelerate growth, Cloudera named three general managers (GM). The GMs will report to Charles Zedlewski in his new role as senior vice-president, Emerging Businesses. The newly appointed GMs and their respective business units are as follows:
* Hilary Mason, GM, Machine Learning;
* Anupam Singh, GM, Analytics; and
* Vikram Makhija, GM, Cloud.
"By creating these new business units, we will accelerate our momentum and extend our leadership in these areas while building on the incredible platform we've developed over many years. This focus bolsters our ability to deliver on our vision: helping customers grow, connect and protect using machine learning, analytics and cloud," said Tom Reilly, chief executive officer at Cloudera. "Hilary, Anupam and Vikram were selected for these positions based on their backgrounds and track records. Their leadership is expected to drive business unit goals in furtherance of our overall corporate objectives."
These new teams are positioned well to drive innovation, building on an unprecedented set of foundational technologies delivered by Cloudera over the past year:
* Advancements in applied machine learning and artificial intelligence through the acquisition of Fast Forward Labs and the launch of Cloudera Data Science Workbench;
* Availability of Cloudera Altus Analytic DB, the first data warehouse cloud service, which brings the warehouse to the data;
* Breakthroughs simplifying cloud with Cloudera Altus, the first multifunction and multi-cloud machine learning and analytics platform as a service; and
* Cloudera Shared Data Experience (SDX), a powerful software framework that ties it all together, making multifunction data apps easier to develop, less expensive to deploy and more secure through centralised security, governance and metadata management spanning on-premises and cloud-based deployments.
For more information or to review the SDX reference architecture, please visit cloudera.com/products/sdx.html.