McAfee positioned highest, furthest in entire Magic Quadrant for ability to execute and completeness of vision, respectively
McAfee Corp (Nasdaq: MCFE), the device-to-cloud cyber security company, has announced it has been positioned as a Leader in the 2020 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers” (CASB) for every one of the four years the quadrant has been published.
The report, which evaluates vendors based on their ability to execute and on their completeness of vision, positioned McAfee highest and furthest, respectively, for these attributes in the entire Magic Quadrant. A complimentary copy is available on the McAfee web site.
“McAfee has always offered industry-leading CASB capabilities to help organisations secure their use of cloud and safeguard them from attacks and vulnerabilities of all kinds,” said Rajiv Gupta, senior vice-president of cloud security, McAfee.
“I’m incredibly proud of our team that McAfee MVISION Cloud, which embodies their innovation and hard work, has been recognised by Gartner as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for CASB for four years in a row. To us, it is very gratifying that this year MVISION Cloud is placed in the Leaders Quadrant, for both ability to execute and completeness of vision. We believe McAfee remains synonymous with trust, security and innovation as we deliver on our mission to keep the world safe from cyber threats.”
MVISION Cloud includes a growing collection of cloud security products across several categories, including CASB, Secure Web Gateway (SWG) and SaaS Security Posture Management (SSPM). Additional benefits and features of MVISION Cloud include extensive Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Container Security, Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP) and MITRE ATT&CK framework integration.
In 2020, McAfee made several updates and additions to its solutions, including:
- The introduction of Unified Cloud Edge (UCE) to the McAfee MVISION Cloud platform, making it the only vendor to provide a converged security solution, simplifying the adoption of the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture
- The addition of capabilities in MVISION Cloud which now protects cloud-native application infrastructure with MVISION Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP)
- The introduction of MITRE ATT&CK® framework into MVISION Cloud, which made McAfee the first CASB provider to tag and visualise cloud security events within the framework. McAfee then teamed with the University of California, Berkeley’s Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity (CLTC) to show how MITRE ATT&CK framework adoption improves cloud security
- The granting of Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) High Impact Provisional Authority to Operate (P-ATO) from the US Government’s Joint Authorisation Board (JAB) to MVISION Cloud
- The support of encryption enhancements in Microsoft Teams, becoming the only CASB to be certified for Microsoft Teams
- The addition of new cloud service providers to McAfee’s CASB Connect Program, which allows cloud service providers or partners to build lightweight API connections to McAfee MVISION Cloud
McAfee also received recognition as the only vendor to be named the January 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Cloud Access Security Brokers based on customer feedback and ratings for McAfee MVISION Cloud.
Source: Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers, Craig Lawson, Steve Riley, 28 October 2020.**McAfee was previously listed as Skyhigh Networks.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.