Untangle announces firewall as a service (FWaaS) for public cloud deployments in SA
Next-generation firewall secures and simplifies on-premises and public cloud deployments for a seamless, flexible approach to complex network challenges.
Untangle, a leader in comprehensive network security for small to medium enterprises (SME), has announced public cloud availability of Untangle NG Firewall for firewall as a service (FWaaS) deployments in South Africa through ProData, a strategic value-added distributor.
The updates to NG Firewall enable customers to deploy NG Firewall in AWS (Amazon Web Services) under a BYOL (bring your own licence) model. ProData will demonstrate cloud deployments of NG Firewall in stand number 35 during ITWeb Security Summit, 21-25 May, in Johannesburg.
Delivering consistent security posture, full visibility across dispersed networks
As the network perimeter expands and changes in response to the demands of distributed organisations and remote, mobile workforces, so too must strategies for securing that perimeter. Leveraging the public cloud can lead to easier scalability and lower costs.
However, companies must select next-generation firewalls, like Untangle NG Firewall, that can support cloud, hybrid-cloud and on-premises deployments and offer these benefits:
* Moves the network security processing and traffic analysis normally done by an on-premises, next-generation firewall or unified threat management system to the cloud, changing budgeting requirements from capex to opex.
* Offers rapidly scalable performance not limited by on-premises hardware, enabling flexible capacity for changing environments. Ensures security measures take precedence over hardware concerns.
* Enables SD-WAN scenarios, so many organisations consider FWaaS in the context of other secure networking demands.
Untangle uniquely suited to public cloud deployments
Untangle NG Firewall is engineered to provide full network and application security regardless of the type of deployment. NG Firewall can be deployed as software on a customer's on-premises hardware, as a turnkey appliance (hardware or virtual), or in the public cloud, ensuring a consistent security posture, administrative experience and complete visibility regardless of deployment type.
NG Firewall inspects all traffic bi-directionally with layer seven application profiling, advanced malware detection powered by ScoutIQTM threat intelligence, intrusion prevention, Web and application filtering, and full bandwidth shaping. Organisations looking to leverage the benefits of the public cloud should require next-generation firewall functionality that makes the best use of cloud-powered architectures:
* Comprehensive VPN options that work seamlessly with complete bandwidth shaping and optimisation, and WAN balancing and failover for network redundancy to ensure reliability and business continuity.
* Licensing that is sold as a service with flexible monthly, annual or multi-year billing plans, aligned to cloud consumption models and MSP business models.
* Ability to seamlessly manage on-premises and public cloud deployments from a single pane of glass: visualise dispersed networks, their traffic, policies, threats and alerts.
* Consistent security posture across hybrid environments with policy management, templates, alerts, reporting, auditing, and threat intelligence.
* Integration to a cloud ecosystem that provides value-added services like centralised management, proactive alerting and threat intelligence.
"Customers should demand next-generation firewalls that provide security policies orchestrated by centralised, cloud-based management that allows them to rapidly scale to meet the changing cyber security demands at the network edge," said Scott Devens, chief executive officer at Untangle.
"Untangle NG Firewall is uniquely suited to allow to flexible, cost-effective deployments in on-premises, hybrid, and cloud environments with seamless integration to its value-added, cloud-based services, Command Center centralised management and ScoutIQ threat intelligence."
Untangle NG Firewall is available via BYOL on AWS. Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) licensing will be available for AWS in May. Both BYOL and PAYG licensing for Azure will be available later in the year.
ITWeb Security Summit 2018
Registration is open for the ITWeb Security Summit 2018, being held in Johannesburg on 22 and 23 May and in Cape Town on 28 and 29 May. This is the must-attend annual event for information security professionals, featuring international speakers, workshops, as well as a beginners' guide to cyber security. Click here.