First cloud-enabled UPS for distributed IT environments
* Overcome electrical distribution problems.
* Deploy out of the box.
* Generate revenue for service providers.
In an industry first, Schneider Electric has introduced the first cloud-enabled uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for distributed IT environments, which offers SMEs the ability to stay connected to the technology and information that powers their business and proactively and effectively manage the health of their UPS systems.
UPS battery failure on any piece of equipment is undesirable, but on the most business-critical technology it could mean catastrophic business delays and profit loss. To compound the criticality, today's IOT-enabled world means these devices are usually supporting onsite and remote edge environments that must function at the same level of availability and security as the largest and most mission-critical data centres.
Smart-UPS with APC SmartConnect is aimed at small and medium sized businesses that have limited IT staff and resources and will prove vulnerable during power outages, load shedding spikes or distribution problems, so commonly experienced in South Africa. These crises are expected to worsen, as the aging electrical distribution infrastructure needs replacement in many provinces.
Portfolio of solutions
Available as a standard feature with select models in APC's industry-leading Smart-UPS portfolio of solutions, SmartConnect delivers the power reliability, security and certainty that SMBs need.
SmartConnect leverages the Schneider Electric cloud-enabled EcoStruxure IT architecture to:
* Gather and send data about the health and status of a customer's UPS devices including battery replacement, warranty renewal and UPS performance notifications.
* Provide a secure, cloud-based Web portal where customers can view the status of their UPS, accessible from any Internet-connected device.
* Send customisable automatic notifications, firmware notification updates and advanced troubleshooting support, through an easy-to-use remote monitoring interface.
* Deploy right out of the box - no configuration required - making it easy for even non-technical users to install.
Empowering service providers
SmartConnect cloud-powered technology also enables managed service providers (MSPs) to expand their offerings to deliver remote UPS monitoring for SME clients. This provides MSPs with a greater opportunity to serve their customers better through value-added power infrastructure services, while generating new revenue streams, all with minimal effort and no additional cost.
MSPs can easily integrate SmartConnect with leading remote monitoring and management solutions such as ConnectWise Automate and Kaseya, or via a mobile ready Web portal, so they can manage customer portfolios from a single platform. No coding, simple network management protocol (SNMP) traps, or software agents are required, meaning MSPs can quickly deploy their services and begin generating revenue.