IT veteran Schofield holds fort at B-BBEE ICT council
Veteran IT professional Adrian Schofield is holding fort at the B-BBEE ICT Sector Council until a permanent CEO is appointed.
The position was left vacant by the former acting CEO Alfred Mmoto at the end of April 2018 when the ICT Council reached the end of the incubation period.
The ICT Council was under incubation by the department of telecommunications and postal services.
The ICT Council is responsible for developing, reviewing and publishing the B-BBEE Amended ICT Sector Code. The council is also mandated to monitor the implementation of the ICT Code and report its progress to communications minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams, President Cyril Ramaphosa’s advisory Council on BEE, trade and industry minister Ebrahim Patel and the B-BBEE Commissioner Zodwa Ntuli.
Schofield will still hold his current position in the council as and chairperson of guidance and monitoring subcommittee.
He is also carrying out a consulting assignment at IITPSA (the Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa) and serves on the board of the International Professional Practice Partnership (IP3).
In a statement, Andile Tlhoaele, chairperson of the council said: “I am pleased that Cllr Schofield accepted this responsibility as the ICT Council enters into its second term of office starting 2 October 2019 with this position filled. Cllr Schofield is going to assist in getting a permanent person appointed and ensure that in the meantime the operations of the Council continue.”
The ICT Council functions through five sub-committees:
* Executive Committee, which comprises of the chairpersons of all the sub-committees, which is chaired by the Deputy Chairperson Councillor Pheladi Gwangwa;
* Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Committee chaired by Councillor Petronella Linders;
* Guidance and Monitoring Committee chaired by Councillor Adrian Schofield;
* Review and Amendment Committee chaired by Councillor Sara-Jane Capazario; and
* Strategy, Governance, Risk & Funding Committee chaired by Councillor Lucky Masilela.