2019 was Esker’s most successful year ever
Lucrative contracts and winning recognition in the 2018-19 Cloud Awards Program were just some of the achievements of this leader in document process automation solutions.
SPI, the African distributor for utility software products and services to the Open Systems segment of the IT industry, and the southern African reseller for Esker, a leader in document process automation solutions, today announced that the latter had once again experienced its most successful quarter (Q419) and year in its company history.
In 2019 it surpassed the €100 million revenue mark with its sales up by over 20%. Cloud-based solutions, of which Esker is one of the pioneers in France, represented over 90% of Esker’s business and remained the cornerstone of the company’s development.
Esker signed several important new contracts in Q4 that will fuel company growth for the quarters ahead, with the cumulative value of these up by 41% compared to 2018.
“Last year confirmed the growing success of Esker’s solutions and the recurring nature of our business model,” commented Steve Smith, US chief operating officer at Esker. “Esker’s cloud-based solutions remain the foundation of the company’s development, and we expect to again achieve double-digit organic growth in 2020.”
In light of this growth, Esker was named a winner in the 2018-19 Cloud Awards Program in the B2B Customer Strategy category for its excellence and innovation in cloud computing.
In 2019, Esker gained several notable clients across a variety of industries that were ready to further their digital transformation goals. Highlighted below are some customers which experienced significant results following the implementation of Esker’s AI-driven automation solutions, including:
- OFS Brands Holdings, which turned to Esker’s cloud-based Accounts Payable (AP) solution to manage an increase in in-bound invoice and payment volumes, reducing the amount of manual work performed by AP staff and allowing the company to scale as it continues to grow;
- Logista Pharma, which chose Esker’s AI-driven Order Management solution to enable its customer service department to improve customer response times, reduce errors associated with manual data entry, and achieve full control and visibility over orders received via any channel; and
- Algeco, which leveraged Esker’s Accounts Receivable solution to automate the delivery of 400 000 customer invoices annually via any channel (eg post, e-mail, public administration platforms and EDI), improve productivity and increase customer satisfaction.
Esker also experienced growth in 2019 via partnerships with several leaders in the industry, including:
- Fuji Xerox, a leading solutions provider in document services and communications, optimising AP management processes in Asia;
- Highview (formerly B/2BNOW), a top provider of electronic data interchange solutions for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud enterprise resource planning system, providing better automation and an improved experience on S/4HANA; and
- KPMG, a global network of professional services firms providing audit, tax and advisory services, enabling Esker to further develop its presence in the Netherlands and internationally.
In 2019, Esker introduced new deep-learning, auto-recognition technology called Esker Synergy to support its Order Management solution. This expert neural network uses AI and neural networks to extract data from documents, improving first-time recognition of orders.
In addition, Esker achieved SAP-certified integration with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud. This certification provides businesses with the assurance that Esker’s intelligent automation solutions are enabled to work with their SAP S/4HANA Cloud software and be compatible with future upgrades.
For further information, please contact Chris Anderson at tel. (+27) 11 234 1560; fax (+27) 11 234 1387; or e-mail email@example.com
Esker is a worldwide leader in AI-driven process automation software, helping financial and customer service departments digitally transform their purchase-to-pay (P2P) and order-to-cash (O2C) cycles. Used by more than 6,000 companies worldwide, Esker’s solutions incorporate technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) to drive increased productivity, enhanced visibility, reduced fraud risk, and improved collaboration with customers, suppliers and internally.
SPI is a company that provides utility software products and services to the Open Systems segment of the IT industry. It is the sole sub-Saharan Africa distributor for USA-based Innovative Routines; USA-based Help/Systems; USA-based Linoma Software; France-based Esker; and; UK-based OpusVL (ex Xi Software). SPI also develops some of its own software utilities to complement the overseas products that it distributes.
SPI has a wide and varied customer base and includes organisations such as Aspen Pharmacare, Johannesburg Municipality, University of Johannesburg, MMI Holdings, Nampak, National Brands, Stellenbosch University and UNISA