Untangle announces firewall as a service for public cloud deployments in SA
Next-generation firewall secures and simplifies on-premise and public cloud deployments for a seamless, flexible approach to complex network challenges.
Untangle, a leader in comprehensive network security for small to medium-sized businesses (SMB), has announced public cloud availability of Untangle NG Firewall for firewall as a service (FWaaS) deployments in South Africa, through Prodata, a strategic value added distributor. The updates to NG Firewall enable customers to deploy NG Firewall in AWS (Amazon Web Services) under a BYOL (bring your own license) model. Prodata will demonstrate cloud deployments of NG Firewall at stand number 35 during the ITWeb Security Summit, from 21 to 25 May, in Johannesburg.
Delivering a consistent security posture and full visibility across dispersed networks
As the network perimeter expands and changes in response to the demands of distributed organisations and remote, mobile workforces, so too must strategies for securing that perimeter. Leveraging the public cloud can lead to easier scalability and lower costs. However, companies must select next-generation firewalls, like Untangle NG Firewall, that can support cloud, hybrid cloud and on-premise deployments and offer these benefits:
* Moves the network security processing and traffic analysis normally done by an on-premise, next-generation firewall or unified threat management system to the cloud, changing budgeting requirements from capex to opex.
* Offers rapidly scalable performance not limited by on-premise hardware, enabling flexible capacity for changing environments. Ensures security measures take precedence over hardware concerns.
* Enables SD-WAN scenarios, so many organisations consider FWaaS in the context of other secure networking demands.
Untangle uniquely suited to public cloud deployments
Untangle NG Firewall is engineered to provide full network and application security, regardless of the type of deployment. NG Firewall can be deployed as software on a customer's on-premise hardware, as a turnkey appliance (hardware or virtual), or in the public cloud, ensuring a consistent security posture, administrative experience and complete visibility, regardless of deployment type.
NG Firewall inspects all traffic bi-directionally with layer 7 application profiling, advanced malware detection powered by ScoutIQ threat intelligence, intrusion prevention, Web and application filtering and full bandwidth shaping. Organisations looking to leverage the benefits of the public cloud should require next-generation firewall functionality that makes the best use of cloud-powered architectures:
* Comprehensive VPN options that work seamlessly with complete bandwidth shaping and optimisation, and WAN balancing and failover for network redundancy to ensure reliability and business continuity.
* Licensing that is sold as a service with flexible monthly, annual or multi-year billing plans, aligned to cloud consumption models and MSP business models.
* Ability to seamlessly manage on-premise and public cloud deployments from a single pane of glass: visualise dispersed networks, their traffic, policies, threats and alerts.
* Consistent security posture across hybrid environments with policy management, templates, alerts, reporting, auditing and threat intelligence.
* Integration to a cloud ecosystem that provides value-added services like centralised management, proactive alerting and threat intelligence.
"Customers should demand next-generation firewalls that provide security policies orchestrated by centralised, cloud-based management that allows them to rapidly scale to meet the changing cybersecurity demands at the network edge," said Scott Devens, chief executive officer at Untangle. "Untangle NG Firewall is uniquely suited to allow for flexible, cost-effective deployments in on-premise, hybrid and cloud environments, with seamless integration to its value-added, cloud-based services, command centre centralised management and ScoutIQ threat intelligence."
The ITWeb Security Summit is southern Africa's definitive conference and expo for information security, IT and business professionals. This year, over 70 expert speakers will deliver key insights across seven tracks, including workshops and training courses during the expanded five-day event. The ITWeb Security Summit will be staged at Vodacom World, in Midrand, from 22 to 23 May 2018, and at the CTICC, in Cape Town, on 29 May 2018. Focused and interactive workshops, as well as in-depth training courses, will be run in the days around the main conference and exhibition.
For more information, go to www.securitysummit.co.za.
For information on Security Summit Cape Town, go to http://v2.itweb.co.za/event/itweb/security-summit-ct-2018/
Untangle NG Firewall is available via BYOL on AWS. Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) licensing will be available for AWS in May. Both BYOL and PAYG licensing for Azure will be available later in the year.
ITWeb Security Summit 2018
Registration is open for the ITWeb Security Summit 2018, being held in Johannesburg on 22 and 23 May and in Cape Town on 28 and 29 May. This is the must-attend annual event for information security professionals, featuring international speakers, workshops, as well as a beginners' guide to cyber security. Click here.