Highly anticipated 14th gen Dell EMC PowerEdge now in SA from DCC
Official South African distributor Drive Control Corporation (DCC) has announced the availability of Dell EMC's 14th generation Dell EMC PowerEdge server portfolio, which provides a scalable, automated and secure compute platform for traditional and cloud-native applications and designed for the new Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
The scalable business architecture of Dell EMC PowerEdge is optimised for meeting changing business needs with enhanced performance capabilities for traditional, virtualised and cloud-native workloads in a software-defined data centre.
Plus, as the portfolio is optimised for optimised for non-volatile memory express (NVMe), organisations can accelerate the deployment of software-defined storage and hyper-converged infrastructure stacks with:
* Accelerated database performance and lower latency with up to 12-times more database IOPS (input output operations per second) and up to 98% less database latency in a VMware vSAN cluster;
* Faster and seamless live migration of virtual machines now up to 58% faster, with up to 75% less CPU usage when using 25GbE with remote direct memory access (RDMA); and
* Faster storage performance in compute to maximise application performance with up to six times more NVMe drives, up to five times total flash storage, 30% more I/O slots and 25% density improvement.
Comments Jaco Erasmus, Enterprise Manager: Dell EMC division at DCC: "One of the important features of the 14th generation PowerEdge family is its intelligent automation, which means IT professionals can focus on mission-critical tasks that drive greater customer and business value."
Specifically, OpenManage Enterprise with a powerful RESTful API offers tools for automating deployment, updates, monitoring and maintenance. The new, more powerful OpenManage Enterprise management console offers:
* Easy server life cycle management from deployment to retirement and repurposing with enhanced Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC9);
* Up to four times more improved performance in user interface and experience and a 30% time reduction to set up iDRAC with QuickSync 2 2 mobile-based management; and
* Up to 90% faster PowerEdge server issue resolution using ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist proactive and predictive technology.
The 14th generation PowerEdge family offers a robust cyber-resilient architecture that enables administrators to protect, detect and recover servers via:
* Cryptographically trusted booting that anchors end-to-end server safety and overall data centre security. It includes features like silicon-based root of trust, Intel Boot Guard protection, signed firmware and automatic BIOS recovery, and the new OpenManage Enterprise as a virtual console delivers enhanced server safety while offering customers operational flexibility;
* System Lockdown, a capability unique to PowerEdge, helps secure any system configuration from malicious or unintended changes while alerting users to any attempted system changes; and
* System Erase, which allows users to easily retire or re-purpose their 14th generation PowerEdge servers by securely and quickly wiping data from storage drives and other embedded, non-volatile memory.
Lastly, in collaboration with Intel, Dell EMC is bringing Intel Xeon Scalable processors to the PowerEdge14th generation servers. With 27% more CPU cores and 50% more memory bandwidth, users can accelerate performance of business-critical applications and workloads.
The following PowerEdge servers are available from DCC:
* Dell EMC PowerEdge R640, R540 and R440 - Ideal combination for dense scale-out data centre computing and storage in a 1U/2-socket platform - R540 features a 2U/2-socket platform.
* Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 - Workhorse for demanding environments providing the ideal balance between storage, I/O and application acceleration and with superior configuration flexibility in a 2U/2S platform. R740 enables up to 50% more VDI users per server and up to 50% more GPU accelerator support for Hadoop analytics;
* Dell EMC PowerEdge R740XD - This 2U/2S platform is best-in-class storage performance and density for applications like software-defined storage and with the versatility demanded by cloud service providers, Hadoop/Big Data users and co-location hosting;
* Dell EMC PowerEdge R940 - This 3U/ 4S platform handles extremely demanding, mission-critical workloads like enterprise resource planning (ERP), e-commerce and very large databases;
* Dell EMC PowerEdge M640 and FC640 - Designed for high performance with best-in-class density for exceptional scalability in a Blade and Modular platform;
* Dell EMC PowerEdge C6420 and C4130 - the C6420 is ideal for high performance computing. Maximizes density, scalability and energy efficiency per unit in a 2U/8S Modular platform. The C4130 includes industry-leading processor and accelerator density to handle the most demanding HPC workloads;
* Dell EMC PowerEdge T640 and T440 - the T640 is a versatile and scalable powerhouse with massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower form. Built for office workloads, the T440 is a powerful, expandable and quiet workhorse; and
* Dell EMC PowerEdge VRTX - integrates servers, storage, networking, and management into a single chassis. Ideal for SOHO and ROBO environments with office-level acoustics and no special power or cooling required.