Dell launches anticipated XPS 13 7390 and XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 to SA marketplace
Official Dell distributor, Drive Control Corporation (DCC), has announced the immediate availability of the new Dell XPS 13 (7390) and Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 (7390 2-in-1) notebooks to the South African channel.
Dell’s multi-award-winning XPS 13 now features Intel 10th Gen Core U series processors (i7 hexacore models available) in its existing form factor, strengthening its position as the most powerful 13-inch notebook in its class.
The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 is the first Project Athena-verified laptop available with Intel’s new 10th Gen Core (Ice Lake Core i7-1065G7)10-nanometer silicon processors. Project Athena represents an umbrella of devices that are certified to meet the battery life, performance and reliability standards set by Intel.
Both the Dell XPS 13 and XPS 13 2-in-1 feature the new Killer AX1650 (2×2) built on Intel WiFi 6 Chipset and wireless connectivity. Plus, with Dell CinemaColor and Dolby Vision and an optional 4K Ultra HD InfinityEdge display, the XPS 13 and XPS 13 2-in-1 offer exceptional viewing experience.
“The Dell XPS 13 and 13 2-in-1 are both packed with all the features and more users have come to expect from these leading notebooks. Each new version offers enhancements based on the valuable feedback from its partners and users,” comments Heinrich Pretorius, Dell EMC Consumer Product Specialist at DCC.
The Dell XPS 13 and XPS 13 2-in-1 feature 2. 25mm webcams, Dell’s smallest yet and incorporate a four-element lens that delivers sharp video in all areas of the frame. Three-element designs usually blurred details in the corners, as well as well colour artefacts.
The Dell XPS 13 is made from machined aluminium with carbon- and glass-fibre accents and available in platinum silver. The XPS 13 2-in-1 is CNC machined aluminium and also available in platinum silver with a carbon fibre composite palm rest in black or arctic white woven glass.
The Dell XPS 13 includes the following additional key features:
- The next-generation InfinityEdge display has 4mm side borders that are 23% thinner than the original XPS 13, with an 80.7% screen-to-body ratio;
- The XPS 13 is smaller, thinner, lighter than the original XPS 13 starting at just 2.6 pounds and squeezing a 13.3-inch laptop in an 11-inch footprint; and
- Dual heat pipe and dual fan solution features double the amount of heat pipes and fans to maximise cooling capability to deliver ultimate performance in a thinner form factor.
The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 additional features include:
- Refined InfinityEdge display, now in its third generation, evolves into a 16:10 aspect ratio, making this 13.4-inch display 7% larger than before. That is almost 1 million more pixels, enabling more productivity. With an 84.9% screen-to-body ratio, the viewing experience is undoubtedly optimised; and
- The Optional 4K Ultra HD+ (3200 x 2400) display boasts 90% DCI-P3 colour gamut and 1500:1 contrast ratio for stunning clarity and vivid, accurate colour.