Versatile, powerful, evolutionary: Dell XPS 15 2-In-1 from DCC
The multi-award-winning Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 (9575) laptop is now available to the South African channel from official distributor, Drive Control Corporation (DCC).
The ultra-thin (16mm) 15-inch 2-in-1 laptop features Dell's InfinityEdge 4K Display combined powerhouse features such as 8th Gen Intel Quad Core processors with custom Radeon RX Vega M discrete graphics, plus 4GB of dedicated high-bandwidth memory.
"The Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 has walked away with numerous industry and reviewer awards, and with good reason. It undoubtedly represents the next evolution in PC usage, combining excellent functionality and usage in a powerful 2-in-1 package, an important game-changer in a very competitive marketplace," said Heinrich Pretorius, Dell EMC Consumer Product Specialist at DCC.
The 2-in-1 incorporates Dell Power Manager, which allows users to customise their laptop acoustics, temperature and performance based on their preferences. It also dynamically delivers the maximum power from the laptops while monitoring and managing system temperatures.
Another important feature of the Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 is its MagLev keyboard design, which reduces the thickness of the keyboard by 24% without compromising the typing experience.
First to introduce this design to a laptop, the XPS 15 2-in-1 keyboard uses magnets in this new design, allowing for a thinner form factor and more reliable keyboard experience.
Dell has also taken cooling to the next innovative level; the 2-in-1 is built with ultra-thin GORE Thermal Insulation, which provides thermal conductivity levels lower than air in a thin, flexible format. This keeps the system cool when handling heavy workloads.
Also, dual large aspect ratio liquid crystal polymer fans maximise airflow, while three composite heat pipes are utilised to quickly cool the CPU under intense workloads.
The 2-in-1's synthetic graphite heat spreaders also distribute heat across the device while GORE Thermal Insulation helps to insulate that heat from the end-user.
With a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer, the Dell XPS 15 2-in1 can differentiate between lap and table positioning, adjusting the system's performance and the temperature accordingly.
Other important Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 features include:
* InfinityEdge screen that features an 18% thinner border: just 4.7mm wide. The 4K Ultra HD resolution packs eight million pixels for big and precise images, no blurry edges or jagged lines and no need to zoom in when editing photos;
* Anti-reflective screen, which combines with 400-nit brightness for outdoor use. Plus, the IPS panel provides a wider viewing angle;
* CinemaColor: visuals appear vibrant and lifelike;
* CinemaStream: provides maximum bandwidth to videos or music for a seamless, stutter-free experience;
* CinemaSound: Waves MaxxAudio Pro boosts volume and clarifies every tone;
* Premium materials: the laptop is crafted from strong, sleek machined aluminium with a carbon fibre palm rest for maximum strength and minimal weight. Corning Gorilla Glass 4 is twice as damage resistant compared to competitive products;
* Two Thunderbolt 3 and two USB Type-C ports charge the 2-in-1, connect to and power multiple devices (including support for up to two 4K displays);
* Advanced docking: the XPS 15 2-in-1 can be used with Dell docking solutions, featuring single-cable connections for power, Ethernet, audio and video. Users can add the optional Dell Thunderbolt Dock for faster data transfers and support for up to three full HD displays or two 4K displays; and
* Dell Mobile Connect pairs iOS or Android smartphone with the 2-in-1. With Dell Mobile Connect, users can channel notifications from phone calls, SMS, IMs and other apps to their laptops. Also, Dell Mobile Connect offers point-to-point, secure connection, ensuring data is never exposed via unsecure Internet connections.