New Dell XPS 13 – the redesign that pushes new boundaries
The highly anticipated Dell XPS 13 (9300), available from official distributor Drive Control Corporation (DCC), features a gorgeous redesign and is packed with features that sees it setting a new benchmark for 13-inch notebooks.
The Dell XPS 13 features a taller 16:10 anti-reflective full HD display, micro-thin bezel on all four double-anodised sides, fast 10-Gen Intel processors, improved keyboard and audio functionality and excellent battery life.
Available to DCC’s SA and SADC channel partners, the XPS 13 includes the following new features:
- Taller 16:10 aspect ratio (6.8% larger in a 2% smaller size);
- Four-sided InfinityEdge Display (91.5% screen-to-body ratio) – reducing the bottom bezel from 19.5mm to only 4.6mm;
- Intel’s latest 10th gen 10nm processors, which use adaptive performance based on the latest Intel Dynamic Tuning Technology;
- Windows Hello IR top-mounted camera;
- Nine percent larger keyboard keycaps;
- Seventeen percent larger trackpad; and
- Intel "Project Athena" optimised.
“The new XPS 13 features a fantastic redesign, which is already enjoying rave reviews. It is a persuasive offering that will enable our channel partners to provide one of the world’s best 13-inch notebooks to their customers,” says Heinrich Pretorius, Dell consumer specialist at DCC.
The XPS 13 comes in platinum silver with a black carbon fibre palm rest and is available in various display types, which include full HD non-touch with anti-glare, full HD with touch and anti-reflective display, and 4K touch with anti-reflective display.
The displays all support 500+ nits of brightness and Dolby Vision, while the 4K model is VESA certified for DisplayHDR 400, which allows users to see over 16 million colours. The touch versions also ship with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 for scratch protection.
The XPS 13 features Killer Wireless with WiFi 6 technology (Killer AX1650) and Bluetooth 5.0. Additionally, the new, redesigned keyboard’s keycaps are 9% larger than its predecessor; it’s easy to hit and offers two-stage backlighting and 1.0mm travel. The trackpad is also 17% larger and incorporates Microsoft Precision drivers.
The new Dell XPS 13 offers the following additional features:
- Advanced thermal design – designed with separated dual fans and dual heat pipes and hidden exhaust venting through the hinge helps with airflow.
- Faster time to productivity – built-in sensor allows users to open the lid and power up in milliseconds, no matter what power state the notebook is in.
Plus, with Windows Hello and a fingerprint reader built into the power button, users can login with just a touch or use the infrared camera with facial recognition.
- Reduces harmful blue light and maintains vivid colour – the Eyesafe display intelligently manages light energy at the source, selectively reducing harmful blue light and dispersing it across the light spectrum.
- Long battery life – up to 18 hours, 49 minutes of battery life.